CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

I love their using a actual art deco era building,,with a small amount of redecorating  for the Daily Planet.

Smart move,it looks probably better then any built set would have looked, and cost a lot less money.

BTW the production designer  has a major role in finding location since he or she is responsible for the overall look of the film.; I am sure Ms Bickle accompanied James Gunn on the location hunts. SOP in filmmaking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Shouldn't these be spoiler tagged?

They don't reveal anything important about the plot. In fact, I suspect we will see none of tho headlines making events on screen, they were just made up for the newspaper shots, probably to establish Supes as a hero.

And, IMHO, if the studio releases it, it is not a spoiler.

But I now really expect Borhanan Lois Lane is going to a  modern version of the classic fast talking  Lady reporter from the classic movies of the 30's and 40's; see "My Girl Friday" for details

Borhanan does the fast talking shtick very well, as "Marvelous Mrs, Maisel" shows..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

They don't reveal anything important about the plot. In fact, I suspect we will see none of tho headlines making events on screen, they were just made up for the newspaper shots, probably to establish Supes as a hero.

And, IMHO, if the studio releases it, it is not a spoiler.

But I now really expect Borhanan Lois Lane is going to a  modern version of the classic fast talking  Lady reporter from the classic movies of the 30's and 40's; see "My Girl Friday" for details

Borhanan does the fast talking shtick very well, as "Marvelous Mrs, Maisel" shows..

Were they released by the studio?

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Man, this, Fantastic Four, and maybe Spidey 4 all in a row has a chance to be an all time superhero movie run.

Still have a hard time seeing Spidey 4 being ready for Nov. They have no director, no indication they have cracked the script or story they want to tell. It would be too rushed at this point. It's no secret NWH production was rushed and turbulent  and Tom Holland went through the ringer and even though it turned out well of course I do not they think they want to go through that again. 

• Like 1