CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

43 minutes ago, handofjustice said:

i think mr. daniel day lewis could retire out of acting for it honestly

he has had a nice, controversy free, almost perfect career but what has been missing from his film list is a superhero movie surprised he hasn't had any 

awards are nice and all, but to go down in history and win people's hearts, I think one last time he must do iconic performance in a superhero movie, that is what all fans want from him for his career to become next level

and what better way to do that then be superman's dad 

I'd love it but it seems impossible. 

21 hours ago, filmlover said:

The real question is: which 50+ acting veterans will Gunn get to play his version of the Kents? Lots of exciting possibilities.

Ditto his take on Perry White, for that matter.

Obviously Gunn can and should cast whoever he wants, no matter what fandom thinks. Whomever is chosen, I'm all for.

But if I were Gunn, Kurt Russell and Sissy Spacek for the Kents and Andre Braugher for Perry.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

4 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Obviously Gunn can and should cast whoever he wants, no matter what fandom thinks. Whomever is chosen, I'm all for.

But if I were Gunn, Kurt Russell and Sissy Spacek for the Kents and Andre Braugher for Perry.

I really don’t want Kurt Russell. Yeah, he could do it, but the parallels between he playing Pa Kent and Ego is off putting to me. Or Michael Rooker, for that matter. Rooker was born to play Bibo so that’s where he is likely showing up anyway. 

If they are doing Martha and Jonathan Kent, question is how old are they going to go?

They have been portrayed in a range of ages;"Superman returns went the traditional  gray headed Martha,a but "SMallville" went in the opposite direction and made Martha circa early 40;s and made her a MILF to boot.

23 hours ago, excel1 said:

Fraser would be an utterly perfect SuperDad.

Jonathna Kent is not supposed to be a SuperDad; he is a simple Midwestern father.

That is why, IMHO< Glenn Ford was do good in the  1978 film, He has just the right Midwestern/Heartland vibe.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Jonathna Kent is not supposed to be a SuperDad; he is a simple Midwestern father.

That is why, IMHO< Glenn Ford was do good in the  1978 film, He has just the right Midwestern/Heartland vibe.

Fraser could do either one. Sure, the classic warm but stoic midwestern vibe of a Kevin Costner or Josh Hartnett type fits. Fraser is probably slightly more suited for Jor-el. But either way, his presence would be great. 

https://www.threads.net/t/CufTTggMXch/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

News are from James Gunn’s official Threads account. He just joined the app and is talking about Superman: Legacy, DC Universe in general (Creature Commandos, Waller, The Authority, etc) and his Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy:

https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn

Edited by ZattMurdock

On 7/7/2023 at 5:59 PM, excel1 said:

Fraser could do either one. Sure, the classic warm but stoic midwestern vibe of a Kevin Costner or Josh Hartnett type fits. Fraser is probably slightly more suited for Jor-el. But either way, his presence would be great. 

And I scold name several other actors who could do it as well.......

22 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

DC is already promoting this more than the two movies they still have coming this year.

Not Surprising; Warners/DC has pretty much bet the farm on this film. If it fails, I don't know what the hell they will  do.

Superman Legacy, the movie that will mark the live-action rebirth of the DC Universe, has added three new actors to its cast, each of them playing a superhero with a long history in the comic books. Isabela Mercedwill play Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi will be Mister Terrific and Nathan Fillion will portray a Green Lantern (although not necessarily the Green Lantern.)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2023/07/superman-legacy-cast?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

Superman Legacy, the movie that will mark the live-action rebirth of the DC Universe, has added three new actors to its cast, each of them playing a superhero with a long history in the comic books. Isabela Mercedwill play Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi will be Mister Terrific and Nathan Fillion will portray a Green Lantern (although not necessarily the Green Lantern.)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2023/07/superman-legacy-cast?

Wonder if Fillion will be killed off in this movie as well. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder if Fillion will be killed off in this movie as well. 

No chance Gunn won't have him get decked by Batman at point before he gets killed, if ever

Edited by RobrtmanAStarWarsReference
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

With a Green Lantern project in the works I highly doubt it.

Considering the Green Lantern project is confirmed to be about multiple Green Lanterns it's very possible. Gardner isn't exactly the most "likable" of the Lanterns either. I don't think he'll be killed off in this by the way, he's probably just going to be Nathan Fillion playing a douchebag Green Lantern.