CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

46 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I was 12/13 and wasn't paying attention to movie stuff during Man of Steel's development and release. Was everything so nitpicky from the internet for that?

Bruh, you have no idea.

Internet fanboys during Avengers 2012: "WHOA IRON SHOT DOWN THE FLYING TURTLE SO IT COULD DEMOLISH AN ENTIRE PACKED APARTMENT BUILDING, AWESOME!!!"

Same Internet fanboys during Man of Steel 2013: "OMG MORE LIKE "DUMB BEEFCAKEMAN" SINCE HE INTENTIONALLY THREW ZOD THROUGH BUILDINGS WITH PEOPLE IN THEM. THIS MOVIE SUCKS SO LAME!"

Same Internet fanboys 2024: "ZOMG GOD SNYDER AND HENRY GODVILL NOT BEING IN THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE! BOYCOTT LAMES GUNN AND SUPERBOY MADE FOR TV COSTUME MOVIE!"

Edited by excel1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:01 PM, dudalb said:

Mindless bitching about this starting it 3..2..1...

Looks fine to me, but every single thing having to do with Supes appreance seems to attract a lot of bitching.

On 7/12/2024 at 11:01 PM, ringedmortality said:

I was 12/13 and wasn't paying attention to movie stuff during Man of Steel's development and release. Was everything so nitpicky from the internet for that?

On 7/12/2024 at 11:47 PM, excel1 said:

Bruh, you have no idea.

Internet fanboys during Avengers 2012: "WHOA IRON SHOT DOWN THE FLYING TURTLE SO IT COULD DEMOLISH AN ENTIRE PACKED APARTMENT BUILDING, AWESOME!!!"

Same Internet fanboys during Man of Steel 2013: "OMG MORE LIKE "DUMB BEEFCAKEMAN" SINCE HE INTENTIONALLY THREW ZOD THROUGH BUILDINGS WITH PEOPLE IN THEM. THIS MOVIE SUCKS SO LAME!"

Same Internet fanboys 2024: "ZOMG GOD SNYDER AND HENRY GODVILL NOT BEING IN THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE! BOYCOTT LAMES GUNN AND SUPERBOY MADE FOR TV COSTUME MOVIE!"

Superman Returns was also heavily criticized by "fans". At this point it's safe to assume different people want vastly different things from a Superman film, and DC would be better ignoring online chatter and see how many tickets are sold to understand what general audiences actually want from the character on the big screen. As a Superman fan, I'm able to enjoy all the different takes - I really liked Returns, I love Man Of Steel and BVS, and I'm excited about James Gunn's movie. For a character with over 85 years of publication in comic books, being written by so many different artists, who can even dictate what's the "real" or "definitive" vision... In my opinion people should be able to support and appreciate a filmmaker having their own personal interpretation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2024 at 5:20 AM, Napoleon said:

Superman Returns was also heavily criticized by "fans". At this point it's safe to assume different people want vastly different things from a Superman film, and DC would be better ignoring online chatter and see how many tickets are sold to understand what general audiences actually want from the character on the big screen. As a Superman fan, I'm able to enjoy all the different takes - I really liked Returns, I love Man Of Steel and BVS, and I'm excited about James Gunn's movie. For a character with over 85 years of publication in comic books, being written by so many different artists, who can even dictate what's the "real" or "definitive" vision... In my opinion people should be able to support and appreciate a filmmaker having their own personal interpretation.

SO we should mindlessly "stan" for any Superman film that comes along?

Well, Singer got a chance to make this own personal interpertation, and a lot of people  did not like it.

problem is making a film based on a Iconic figure like SUpes, is different then making a small personal film.

One reason I do dnot consider myself a "fan" is that I don't sign blank checks, and I am not going to root and support a movie unti lI have actually seen it. I see so much stupidity in fandom today I avoid the term.

On 7/12/2024 at 7:01 PM, ringedmortality said:

Yes.

God, you  should have been around when LOTR FOTR ring came out . You cannot get more nitpicky then readers of the book were about FOTR.

29 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

To simply flag what we already know: pre-filming Superman claimed to have 37 days of filming in the state of Ohio (tax credit application) and the initial plan was to finish shooting on July 23rd (with another month in-state for wrapping up production). It's been roughly 34 days (including weekends) since Superman began filming in Cleveland. 

I assume there's more they're doing in Atlanta (if only because Gunn probably gives a different answer) but I don't see any low hanging fruit there re: the timeline.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 9:11 PM, PlatnumRoyce said:

To simply flag what we already know: pre-filming Superman claimed to have 37 days of filming in the state of Ohio (tax credit application) and the initial plan was to finish shooting on July 23rd (with another month in-state for wrapping up production). It's been roughly 34 days (including weekends) since Superman began filming in Cleveland. 

I assume there's more they're doing in Atlanta (if only because Gunn probably gives a different answer) but I don't see any low hanging fruit there re: the timeline.

Gunn does seem to be intent on keeping to the schedule. I am pretty sure he want to prove to his bosses at Warners that he is a "responsible" producer ie; he makes very effort to keep within budget.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

February drop sounds right, Super Bowl is interesting cause WB rarely goes there in recent years (Flash was their first time in 17).

Yes, WB decided a number of years ago that a SB spot was not worth what the networks were asking. The seem to be making some exception nowdays.

On 7/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, excel1 said:

The Avengers literally have a whole scene specifically about how they are planning out their attacks to keep civilians out of harms way. Not remotely the same thing as Man of Steel having Superman level buildings on purpose 

Edited by SpiderByte

54 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Avengers literally have a whole scene specifically about how they are planning out their attacks to keep civilians out of harms way. Not remotely the same thing as Man of Steel having Superman level buildings on purpose 

ah huh

Iron Man shoots down the turtle and it flops directly onto a big building. 

Zod openly says he is doing to kill every human in Metropolis and everyone ignores this line and blames superman

dumb