CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

5 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

There have been rumours/speculation that WB wants him to run DC.

It would be a disaster... Joker is yet another proof that nobody needs to "run" DC (if that means making the same movie over and over, or turn them into a TV show), but especially not Hollywood's #1 hack.

The difference between Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Batman is that Batfleck was an aging acting playing an aging character. There didn't seem to be much of a future there.

Cavill's Superman had/has so, so much left to tell. They got too much right to just scrap it. I would also wager that the multi-year wait would only make fans more excited for a return of Cavill IF the director is a good choice.

Think Craig-post his 2nd Bond film. MOS 2 could still blow up with the old cast in the right hands. 

• Like 3

MOS and Superman Returns totally overthought the character. The Captain America Wonder Woman and Raim 1st 2 Spider-man films showed how to make wholesome character interesting and fun, not sure WHAT THE FUCK IS SO HARD for Superman.

JJ Abrams directing Cavill would no doubt be fucking awesome AND make a shitload of cash. 

Abrams 2nd draft of FLYBY would have made insane cash. Just bring that shit back. 

Edited by excel1

Here's what I would do

Have this new Superman and Batman set in a new universe, one that didn't have it's history begin in 2013 so you can have older heroes like Jay Garrick and Alan Scott.

Have Flash be the link between the old DCEU and the new DCEU.

Then do either one of two things

1. Do an amalgamation of Flashpoint and Crisis on Two Earths and merge the universe

2. Have the AntiMonitor or Darkseid destroy the old universe.

15 hours ago, cax16 said:

Please just give me another Superman movie. I’ll take anything, I don’t want cavill gone but Superman is way to important to me to not see him again soon. 

even for me Too .. die-hard Superman Fan ..  :D  desperately waiting for MOS2 update ..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It would be a disaster... Joker is yet another proof that nobody needs to "run" DC (if that means making the same movie over and over, or turn them into a TV show), but especially not Hollywood's #1 hack.

I actually agree with you there. Let Marvel have their universe whilst DC try something different, we have the best of both worlds then

48 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Nope.I want MOS2. Not a reboot.A MOS 2.Yes I was sad when Affleck left but we didn’t witness his beginning as Batman, his struggle and everything.But we had that with Henry’s Superman.And I want his story to continue.

Is this a bannable offence?

8 hours ago, Chucky said:

Is this a bannable offence?

No, just a pretty unrealistic hope.

Cavill seems to be gone, and I doubt Warners wants to revisit the Snyderverse at this point.

Whatever plans DC has for Superman...and he does not seem to be high on their list...it will be a break with the Snyder version'

.And I would rather a talented actor who is not well known for Supes then a established star with a lot of baggage. That's the tradition for Superman with Warners and I suspect they will follow it.

And I just don't see why Hammer has the following he does. He is a decent leading man, nothing more.

There have been numerous reports—some from rumor-ravaged fan sites, but others from credible industry publications—that Cavill’s time as Superman is finished. Cavill’s stayed silent about such gossip for a long time, to his occasional frustration. He fought for years, facing down countless rejections and close calls, to land a part as cosmically iconic as Superman. It’s a role, and a character, he guards fiercely—and insists he hasn’t let go. “The cape is in the closet,” Cavill says. “It’s still mine.”

(...)

“I’m not just going to sit quietly in the dark as all this stuff is going on,” Cavill says of the rumors. “I’ve not given up the role. There’s a lot I have to give for Superman yet. A lot of storytelling to do. A lot of real, true depths to the honesty of the character I want to get into. I want to reflect the comic books. That’s important to me. There’s a lot of justice to be done for Superman. The status is: You’ll see.”

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a29774618/henry-cavill-the-witcher-superman-interview/

Edited by Napoleon

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There have been numerous reports—some from rumor-ravaged fan sites, but others from credible industry publications—that Cavill’s time as Superman is finished. Cavill’s stayed silent about such gossip for a long time, to his occasional frustration. He fought for years, facing down countless rejections and close calls, to land a part as cosmically iconic as Superman. It’s a role, and a character, he guards fiercely—and insists he hasn’t let go. “The cape is in the closet,” Cavill says. “It’s still mine.”

(...)

“I’m not just going to sit quietly in the dark as all this stuff is going on,” Cavill says of the rumors. “I’ve not given up the role. There’s a lot I have to give for Superman yet. A lot of storytelling to do. A lot of real, true depths to the honesty of the character I want to get into. I want to reflect the comic books. That’s important to me. There’s a lot of justice to be done for Superman. The status is: You’ll see.”

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a29774618/henry-cavill-the-witcher-superman-interview/

First time he hasn't dodged the question completely. He normally gives a diplomatic answer saying "It was a thrill playing the character which inspires people" and so on.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

First time he hasn't dodged the question completely. He normally gives a diplomatic answer saying "It was a thrill playing the character which inspires people" and so on.

I just love that he basically says that he loved MOS, BVS was a Batman movie and Justice League was shit.WB fucked him up good so they owe him his sequel.

• Like 1

Some websites are saying Cavill confirmed he's back as Superman, but he's just saying he's not giving up. We don't know if WB wants him back.

But between the response to this interview and the Snyder Cut movement, we're seeing a lot of enthusiasm and support for his version of Superman and that may be an incentive for WB to continue this Superman story. Let's hope they're listening. Any other studio would love to have a franchise with this kind of online engagement.

• Like 1