CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Brosnahan reminds me more of Kidder than Amy Adams tbh. She got the same assertive, kinda dominant over Clark Kent vibes.

Just realized watching the 78 Superman a shitton of times as a kid mightve defined the type of women I'm into lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Disbelief 1

12 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Looked it up. He retroactively regrets passing on Batman simply because he missed a chance to become a Nolan regular. (But now he's in Oppenheimer, so all's well that ends well.) On Superman, all he's got is stuff like this:

Which you'd think you know without my help if you really cared about what your boy has to say instead of what could have been 20 years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/apr/17/josh-hartnett-i-regret-turning-down-batman-role-christopher-nolan

“I was so focused on not being pigeonholed and so scared of being considered only one thing as an actor. I should have thought, ‘Well, then, work harder, man’”. Watching Christian Bale go on to do so many other things has been just awesome. I mean, he’s been able to overcome that. Why couldn’t I see that at the time?”

Guy clearly has regrets. 

Maybe I’m getting old, but I’m growing to hate following the casting of a film I’m excited about. I don’t care who is cast here, I don’t want to speculate neither get attached with the idea of any actors on these roles. Whoever gets the job, I trust Gunn.

7 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I understand Corenswet is an "obvious" choice. But he has that Superman quality in everything I've seen him in.

Christian Bale was similar candidate for Batman in 2003. He was fandoms top choice. It worked out. 

22 hours ago, grim22 said:

Most awkward interview segment ever. Rachel was blindsided 

The View is always wild like this. They can move from 'What's your take on the SC ruling against abortion and how does it make you feel emotionally?' to 'Soo, you're rumored to be the new Catwoman!' with no other segue in between.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

She's got the part.

19 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Response almost feels like she got the part. 

It could just be that she's really excited about being considered for Lois Lane. Kidder ensured she is one of the best female characters to play in blockbuster/superhero films. They may have not come back to her yet but must have told her she gave an outstanding audition. Hopefully things work out for her if they don't find a truly superior alternative.

On 5/15/2023 at 1:22 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Brosnahan reminds me more of Kidder than Amy Adams tbh. She got the same assertive, kinda dominant over Clark Kent vibes.

She also is a lot closer to the classic Lois then Amy Adams was. 

I do sort of wish they had gone for a different villian though.

I am hoping that though Luthor mibht be the mian villian, Gunn will set the stage for Deadseid who,IMHO, s a perfect villiand for Supes since he is actally more powerful. Supes is just a Krytponian, but Deadsied is a freaking god.

Edited by dudalb