CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

That was almost instantly corrected (no doubt by Elordi's people) by Kroll and others. No doubt WB is watching Elordi. 

i'd take elordi over some of the models and soap opera actors that have had their names thrown around, but i'd be surprised if it's not corenswet - especially since he's already in the wb business with twisters next year

DC is a bit part in Twisters. Elordi is a huge star among Gen Z with a huge social following. Elordi with some other names and vets needs to happen.

16 hours ago, Elessar said:

This may come as a shock to you and some of the louder parts of the internet but i liked MoS and yes, BvS. Have still to watch Snyder's Justice League (my 4k bluray is still wrapped up lol). You can definitely do worse in terms of portraying Superman as far as i'm concerned.

Let's just not start his war again, shall we?

You are entiltled to your opinion, but I ..and the rest of us who though that Snyder blew it with his version of Supes in BvS are entitled to ours.

Edited by dudalb

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Let's just not start his war again, shall we?

What war? You stated your opinion, i stated mine. Or is it only allowed to state a specific opinion? Has it come this far that having a positive opinion about the "Snyderverse" is considered controversial? Some of you need to step back and just allow people to have their opinions.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

It is not debatable that Gunn is a respected, popular name among critics and his peers. He has 'artistic integrity'. He must deliver a good product, but I think people will be more open to him than a Snyder type, or even Andy Muscheitti. Lets just hope he delivers.

13 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

On the flip side, he can mess up Lois Lane WAY more than Snyder.

Whoever is cast in that role will tell us a LOT about how much justice the movie will do to the character.

I sincerely don’t know about that. Sure, I don’t like Chris Pratt on literally anything but as a Star-Lord, Mario and Emmet, and I think Gunn learned a lot with Marvel Studios Sarah Halley Finn when it comes to finding the perfect actor for the right role, with Chukwudi Iwudi’s High Evolutionary and John Cena’s Peacemaker perfomances as proof of that, so what I’m saying is that Gunn has more than earned my trust when it comes to picking the actors he wants to collaborate with. If he could make me legit love Chris Pratt’s take as Star-Lord even if I don’t really like the actor, I’m willing to give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants with the Superman Legacy casting. I honestly didn’t like the casting of anyone but Gamora and Nebula with the first GotG, and here we are with me becoming a hardcore Guardians of the Galaxy fan almost ten years later. 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:27 PM, dudalb said:

Artistically, no. Kane is a great,great movie GotG is a good one.

But your point was that somebody seeing GOGT 1 after 2 and 3 might not see what was so good and fresh about it,  and that is a little like people are so used to seeing so much  of the camera work and story telling techniques  that Welles did for the first time in Kane used all the time that they don;t get how freash and stunning that would havew been in 1941.

What are these things GOTG did that hadn't been done before?

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Feel like Lex would be a much more interesting role for Hoult, so kind of surprised to see him in the running for Superman instead

I think he will end up as Lex. Might be the role he is testing for, Justin Kroll is adamant he is Superman but everyone else says Lex

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Never understood this obsession casting directors have with Nicholas Hoult. As a weirdo like in The Menu or Renfeld, fine. As an action hero? Huh? Mission Impossible, Batman, Superman.....

he was supposed to be the bad guy in Mission, so i'm sure it would have played to his strengths as an impish weirdo like in The Favourite or The Great

• Like 2