Filmovie

Weekend Numbers: Official Estimates - Fury: 23,5 mln - GG: 17,2 mln - TBOL: 17 mln - Best of Me: 10,2 mln

For a World War II movie that won't be up for any major Oscars (and with two other war-themed films coming out in the final months, likely won't get any technical noms either), Fury probably did about as well as it was ever going to.

Hindsight is terrific, isn't it?  :)

• Like 2

For a World War II movie that won't be up for any major Oscars (and with two other war-themed films coming out in the final months, likely won't get any technical noms either), Fury probably did about as well as it was ever going to.

No it had the potential to open to 40M. Tue movie looked great and had Brad Pitt going for it.

Anyways question for anyone who knows: who is actually the main protagonist of Fury, is it Pitt, Lerman?

I feel like the marketing never made that clear

• Like 2

No it had the potential to open to 40M. Tue movie looked great and had Brad Pitt going for it.

Anyways question for anyone who knows: who is actually the main protagonist of Fury, is it Pitt, Lerman?

I am actually quite surprised it didn't open higher. A Brad Pitt WW2 film that got (mostly) positive reviews. I thought it would come a bit closer to 30M to be honest.

I over-predicted Fury this weekend, as well as the Best of Me by a few million (3.8), but I under-predicted BOL a little.

• Like 2

Fury's numbers are in line with Captain Phillips, Monuments Men, etc. Legs will have to be great in order to hit 100m. But it's looking like a 80-85m finish. Sony was probably hoping for more. 

No family competition until Big Hero 6 so crossing my fingers for good legs for BOL

Alexander did really well I must say, it's been awhile since Disney had a midbudget live action movie hit