Filmovie

Weekend Numbers: Official Estimates - Fury: 23,5 mln - GG: 17,2 mln - TBOL: 17 mln - Best of Me: 10,2 mln

No it had the potential to open to 40M. Tue movie looked great and had Brad Pitt going for it.

Anyways question for anyone who knows: who is actually the main protagonist of Fury, is it Pitt, Lerman?

I feel like the marketing never made that clear

Not really. This never generated big "must see" buzz, and the only time war movies ever really flourish is when they have that (or in the case of Lone Survivor, a big "fuck yeah America" angle). Thus, the solid if muted opening for this isn't exactly surprising.

• Like 1

No, it's 100% locked. Right now, GOTG is only 14m away from DOFP. It should make at least another 25m in China alone.

Which is 90+%!  But, yeah, I was basically just making a joke.  Not only is it locked to beat DoFP, its locked to beat Maleficent, and could potentially still have upside above that.

• Like 2

Which is 90+%!  But, yeah, I was basically just making a joke.  Not only is it locked to beat DoFP, its locked to beat Maleficent, and could potentially still have upside above that.

Man wouldn't we all love it if Guardians became some phenomena in Italy the same way Frozen did in Japan!

Edited by DAJK

Few notes:

1) So did every theater drop Left Behind after week 2? If so that's pretty incredible feat. Even Oogieloves In The Big Balloon Adventure had 8 theaters in its 3rd week.

2) Gone Girl keeps going

3) A little disappointing for Fury 

Left Behind lost about half of its theaters. Remember these are just estimates.

Anyway, I love that Birdman number. I really hope it comes to my theater next weekend.

• Like 1

It is an absolute shame that Kill the Messenger is flopping. It is a great movie, IMO.

I'd love to see that, but it's nowhere near me so...

Aw, I was hoping for a better number for BOL.

I know, it looks really good :(