CJohn

My Little Pony: The Movie | Oct 6 2017 | Emily Blunt. Sia joins voice cast.

I'm always happy when films are unexpectedly good. I hope Lionsgate decides to invest more in animation after this success; after this and Shaun the Sheep, they seem to know what they're doing in regards to what they should distribute.

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

These reactions keep up and next weekend should be one hell of a double feature.

Hopefully Boxoffice.com is grossly underestimating this just like everyone else has been

Same. It would be nice to get more films like this since 3D characters are pretty much the norm now.

You certainly don't risk much damage to your brand when you partner with Aardman; and I imagine they'll be more than happy to greenlight another MLP movie if this is a hit.

FWIW, seems the hope of this bringing 2D animation back to the fold has already been somewhat fulfilled with WB announcing its Teen Titans movie. Might not have been completely coincidental with this movie's premiere screening.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

It's nice to see some major studios foray into 2D animation again. WAG with TTG, Paramount with Spongebob, Lionsgate with Pony but it'd be nice to see an original hand drawn movie again. 

• Like 3

I'm not expecting it to take #1 but I feel like it'll do a lot better than that ridiculous $7 million opening Boxoffice.com is predicting. With no competition for the rest of October legs could be really good if these reactions hold up. There's only so long the stigma can stand.

Edited by tribefan695

7 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm not expecting it to take #1 but I feel like it'll do a lot better than that ridiculous $7 million opening Boxoffice.com is predicting. With no competition for the rest of October legs could be really good if these reactions hold up. There's only so long the stigma can stand.

So are there any comparable movies that opened in roughly 2500 theaters?

I just hope for a top 5 spot on opening weekend... maybe even in front of Ninjago if that falls hard? 

8 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I will say that you're doing a much better job of promoting this movie than Lionsgate has. :lol:

(no joke, I've barely seen any marketing at all for this. Wouldn't know it was coming out if I didn't follow movies)

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I will say that you're doing a much better job of promoting this movie than Lionsgate has. :lol:

(no joke, I've barely seen any marketing at all for this. Wouldn't know it was coming out if I didn't follow movies)

I mean, they're probably targeting kids channels.  Unless you watch Nickelodeon or Disney Channel frequently, I imagine you won't be seeing many ads for it.

Would it honestly matter if they tried to do a marketing blitz on more "adult" channels? I'm pretty sure the only thing that would ever convince most of them to see it is reviews.

Heck, up until this past week I was basically just talking to myself whenever I bumped this thread with new promo material. 

Edited by tribefan695

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Would it honestly matter if they tried to do a marketing blitz on more "adult" channels? I'm pretty sure the only thing that would ever convince most of them to see it is reviews.

Heck, up until this past week I was basically just talking to myself whenever I bumped this thread with new promo material. 

I don't think you could convince many non-brony adults to go see this, especially in theaters, no matter how good the reviews are.