CJohn

My Little Pony: The Movie | Oct 6 2017 | Emily Blunt. Sia joins voice cast.

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm fully prepared for the inevitable egg on my face here. I think what I did was a necessary evil to blunt the mental anguish that would have come if I didn't.

Really felt this would be the franchise's chance to prove itself worthy of appreciation in the mainstream and show that its fans weren't all creeps but just people who really enjoyed what I still think is a great TV series (and rebingeing it these past few months has only reenforced that feeling). Unfortunately it looks like it's going to stay on the fringes.

This movie was never going to break out into the mainstream. Just relax a bit.

Just now, filmlover said:

Probably shouldn't have put your hopes on Lionsgate to be the one to do it. Amirite @CJohn?

If your passion project is being produced by Paramount or Lionsgate you should probably accept his doom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well yeah, this breaking out big was always a huge longshot.

But at least deadline has it tracking far above long range forcasts (those were for around 8M? ). If it really does 14-17M it should be reasonably profitable.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049-worldwide-box-office-opening-harrison-ford-1202181411/

2 hours ago, AJG said:

God it's been too long since I've laid eyes on this classic piece of YouTube. I really need to know what about this show gets people going like this

one thing led to another and i'm sorry

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

Well yeah, this breaking out big was always a huge longshot.

But at least deadline has it tracking far above long range forcasts (those were for around 8M? ). If it really does 14-17M it should be reasonably profitable.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049-worldwide-box-office-opening-harrison-ford-1202181411/

Honestly really surprises me that tracking is that high for the opening weekend. Could even turn a profit with those numbers.

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Honestly really surprises me that tracking is that high for the opening weekend. Could even turn a profit with those numbers.

It's Fandango 6pm avg today was the same as Ninjango last Wed - so that short 10 minute glimpse seems to bear that out even if it's more front loaded due the fan aspect.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It's not surprising...it's Lego Ninjago for the female set, who hasn't gotten many movies lately...with a side of adults interested in the show (just like Lego Ninjago).  Lego Ninjago had some goodwill from Lego Bats, more screens, and much more marketing (or at least I personally saw way more), so it should end up as the higher opener, but it shouldn't be wildly different (and the $2 tickets help MLP - better deal than Ninjago's BOGO:)...

• Like 2

From what I've seen, Bronies are just the same as every other fandom: mostly nice people, but also has lots of toxic and awful ones. I don't find it so much worse than any other fandoms.

As the movie, I think they should stick with the original cast with a new villain, instead of introducing 5 to 7 brand new characters, but Hasbro has to sell their toys I guess.It took them several seasons the fully explored the main characters, and now they will probably become one note characters again in the movie due to the limited screen time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Homer said:

Where the freak are the reviews for this? I want to know if it's at least bearable so I can sit through it with my kids or if I need to drop them off and go see Blade Runner instead :)

Double Toasted broke the embargo and hated it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

That makes waiting for their video review all the more exciting. 

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

LOL, when will the embargo lift? It's getting late in the day

• Like 3