Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Telemachos how you rate this film. Alot of my friends said too slow and not enough creativity to warrant repeat viewings??

What are your thoughts, also everyone this question is for you as well.

:)

I love it! Seen it twice once in digital IMAX and once in 70mm IMAX. 

• Like 1

Dr. Mann. Ugh. Agree with you, Industrious Angel, if they *had* to have it (and they didn't) Damon was a terrible casting choice. You need someone believable as a strong scientific mind who's also capable of showing you the absolute Selfish terror of the soul, in a minimum of time, and who's able to deliver on-the-nose dialogue with vigor and relish. Ben Kingsley, maybe. Stellan Sarsgaard. Bill Nighy. Gary Oldman. Kenneth Branagh.

Not Matt Damon.

So basically, anyone with an accent other than American. :)

• Like 2

Telemachos how you rate this film. Alot of my friends said too slow and not enough creativity to warrant repeat viewings??

What are your thoughts, also everyone this question is for you as well.

:)

Are you serious?  There's 18 pages in the review thread.  Read them.  lol

• Like 3

Are you serious?  There's 18 pages in the review thread.  Read them.  lol

Lol baumer.. I think alot of the reviews by some are biasis. They paint it out to be near perfect, when obvious Nolan has done

better. I want some true reviews from Tele.. Who isnt stating Nolan films are all perfect and he rivals our top 5 mega directors lol

When Matt Damon popped up out of the blue, someone in my audience decided to shout out the Team America "MATTT....DAMON," so his casting was worth it for that laugh alone. 

It's not your fault. *Replace Damon with McConaughey*

giphy.gif

It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

Saw it again tonight and enjoyed it a lot. I don't have any problems with the story like some of you guys have been discussing.

My only problem is the sound. Why was there so much bass during quiet dialogue scenes? It seemed random too. Tonight's screening was louder than Thursday night. Same exact screen, but the theater people must have decided to pull a Spinal Tap and "crank it to 11." It was noticeably louder than Thursday. Zimmer's score this time around drowned out quite a bit more dialogue than it did Thursday night. I don't know why Nolan is so obsessed with "louder is better." No it isn't. This is a great movie IMHO, but it would be even better if it was a very quiet movie instead of a very loud one.

The guy next to me kept covering his ears because of how loud the sound was. I figured he must have hated the movie. But the good thing is after the show was over, he asked me if I thought they would make a sequel. I said I don't know. He said he figures it will depend on the box office and I agreed. Then he said, "I don't go to the movies often but this one was really good. Better than that other space movie with the girl and George Clooney." He was probably in his 40's. Seemed like a blue collar guy (we're in an oil boom town). I was pretty shocked to hear such a positive reaction from him after watching him cover his ears so much throughout the movie. If I was that bothered by the sound, I probably would have walked out.

• Like 6