Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

In the original script it's what leads him to NASA, so it felt like left-overs from that. I guess it shows his hard-on for tech like that but so does the scene with the teachers afterwards. 

Yeah, on a plot level, I don't think it's needed.

On an emotional level, it might be for us to see his bond with his family (cause his daughter and him seem really into it).

• Like 1

Does anyone remember what the point of the drone was at the beginning of the film. Like did it have anything to do with what came after?

I think it served primarily to show that cooper was a natural when dealing with flying objects but also to show how everything needs to adapt according to different situations.

• Like 1

Truly a magnificent piece of work. A beautiful emotional roller coaster.

There were some minor things that annoyed me about this film (some of the story structure for example), but otherwise I thought it was excellent.

The performances (especially McConaughey's, who's brilliant), the score (one of Zimmer's best), the visuals, the scope, and the emotions of the film really made Interstellar a big winner for me.

Tars was a funny and great character too. That robot stole the show.

9.5 / 10

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 4

Does anyone remember what the point of the drone was at the beginning of the film. Like did it have anything to do with what came after?

What others have said plus the dialogue about it being up there for years reiterated that the world was a different place now.

• Like 2

For now...

B.

Take my Nolanite card away. But don't ever say I can't be objective. And that's not to say this opinion can wildly change either way with multiple viewings.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh boy...

Tentative B- to start with. Parts I really liked.... parts I thought were the worst stuff Nolan's ever done. Like, laughably bad. The ending saves it for me, I think (not the tesseract, the human stuff afterwards).

Oh yeah, and I'm 99% sure I sat next to Wil Wheaton.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 14

Oh boy...

Tentative B- to start with. Parts I really liked.... parts I thought were the worst stuff Nolan's ever done. Like, laughably bad. The ending saves it for me, I think (not the tesseract, the human stuff afterwards).

What did Wesley think?

"You know, we would've never pulled this kind of shit in Star Trek: The Next Generation. I could see this kind of stupidity in The Big Bang Theory, though."

• Like 4

Oh boy...

Come on, Anne Hathaway's corny love speech didn't drag it all the way down to a B-

• Like 6