Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Lol baumer.. I think alot of the reviews by some are biasis. They paint it out to be near perfect, when obvious Nolan has done

better. I want some true reviews from Tele.. Who isnt stating Nolan films are all perfect and he rivals our top 5 mega directors lol

But that's besides the point.  You are in a review thread talking to other people in a review thread and you are asking them what they thought of the film.  Perhaps their thoughts are posted in here somewhere in the 18 pages.

• Like 5

Saw it again tonight and enjoyed it a lot. I don't have any problems with the story like some of you guys have been discussing.

You will in a year.  :P 

(You always seem to think a little less of Nolan's films after some time, well except for The Prestige and Memento).  ;)

Edited by Dark Jedi Master 007
  • Like 1

You will in a year.  :P 

(You always seem to think a little less of Nolan's films after some time, well except for The Prestige and Memento).  ;)

Maybe so. We shall see. I enjoy the third act of this one a lot more than his other big budget third acts. Regarding the potential for a sequel, I kind of hope it does flop to prevent a sequel from getting made. I'm always worried they'll try to force an Inception sequel because of how much money it made. Just let these interesting big budget movies stand on their own and let Nolan move on to new projects. You'd hate to see them ruined with franchising (Matrix).

• Like 2

Maybe so. We shall see. I enjoy the third act of this one a lot more than his other big budget third acts. Regarding the potential for a sequel, I kind of hope it does flop to prevent a sequel from getting made. I'm always worried they'll try to force an Inception sequel because of how much money it made. Just let these interesting big budget movies stand on their own and let Nolan move on to new projects. You'd hate to see them ruined with franchising (Matrix).

I don't think Nolan is interested in doing a sequel. The main reason he did a Batman Trilogy was because he saw potential in sequels (for obvious reasons), and also so he could have money to fund his own personal projects like Inception and Interstellar.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

I don't think Nolan is interested in doing a sequel. The main reason he did a Batman Trilogy was because he saw potential in sequels (for obvious reasons), and also so he could have money to fund his own personal projects like Inception and Interstellar.

They might try to suck him into it by promising him funding for other projects in exchange for an Inception sequel. There is also nothing to legally stop WB from making an Inception sequel without Nolan's involvement. He wrote the script but he sold it to them and they own everything about the story/characters. WB's desire to not piss him off (so they can keep working with him) is the only thing that is preventing an Inception sequel.

• Like 1

They might try to suck him into it by promising him funding for other projects in exchange for an Inception sequel. There is also nothing to legally stop WB from making an Inception sequel without Nolan's involvement. He wrote the script but he sold it to them and they own everything about the story/characters. WB's desire to not piss him off (so they can keep working with him) is the only thing that is preventing an Inception sequel.

Yep though I dont know if they would move on a sequel unless this makes bank Redbird. How is it doing OS?

Big hero 6 looks to be the more fun choice for repeat viewings. Could hurt the film domestically.

I go on this Nolan Journey this weekend in a 50 foot Imax. The 90 foot  high by 135-140+ feet wide Imax

I reserve for the final Hobbit. :)

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Poke miester.. Missed you guy... I hope I like the film, seems its very slow and doesnt give the wow factor payoff for

such a long epic.. Im hoping the Imax will add to the experience like Tele and others have said.

Its sort of funny that TMNT may make more domestically and WW, when everyone was telling me Im off my rocker thinking Turtles

would be huge lol

• Like 1

Yep though I dont know if they would move on a sequel unless this makes bank Redbird. How is it doing OS?

Big hero 6 looks to be the more fun choice for repeat viewings. Could hurt the film domestically.

I go on this Nolan Journey this weekend in a 50 foot Imax. The 90 foot  high by 135-140+ feet wide Imax

I reserve for the final Hobbit. :)

I was not talking about an Interstellar sequel, I was talking about an Inception sequel. That movie was so successful, you just know WB's executives would love to try to franchise it if they could.

• Like 2

Poke miester.. Missed you guy... I hope I like the film, seems its very slow and doesnt give the wow factor payoff for

such a long epic.. Im hoping the Imax will add to the experience like Tele and others have said.

Its sort of funny that TMNT may make more domestically and WW, when everyone was telling me Im off my rocker thinking Turtles

would be huge lol

Fine to see you too Kal. It's 11 days since you last posted.

Well Turtles isn't huge, but it's doing very successful. I at least hope Interstellar can make 500m worldwide, but that might be reaching it.

I just hope they don't make a sequel to that or Inception. Both films ended just fine.

Also you might think Interstellar to be slow, but it's definitely worth a watch. It's quite the experience.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Good thing too. Honestly I think in the hands of any inexperienced studio hack, an Inception sequel could have possibly been a disaster.

• Like 1

Yesterday was an absolute nightmare. Things have been getting harder and more stressful. I learned that after the tension and fighting at work, my dad had quit his job. I was scared, sad, and worried. I was going to call it a night, but I decided, no. That would be too easy.

I called a friend who wanted to see Interstellar, and I decided to jump on it.  Last night, I went to great dinner, art festival, and the movie theater.

I genuinely believe if it weren't for Interstellar, I'd be back in my room asleep, crying, and deciding to do nothing about my situation.

It was absolutely incredible. I've never been this floored from a film. It wasn't just a movie. It really is an experience. There is desire for me to learn more, to work harder, to strive for the unthinkable, to never lose hope, to never give up on family, and to never lose sight.

Once the film was over, I didn't know what to think. I was just blank. I looked around, silence, except for a few claps. What had we just witnessed? I looked my friends, tears in a couple of their eyes, including myself. We left the theater saying we had to see it again. Some struggled with the science, but they all really liked it.

Mcconaughey is phenomenal and powerful. Chastain is a compete knockout. Their relationship in the film, Cooper and Murph, is what really brings it home. It's beautiful, fulfilling, and sad. What an emotional movie. By the last act, we're in tears, and at the same time, we're at the edge of our seats at what's gonna happen.

The script is really fucking great, and the performances really elevated the film as with the cinematography and stunning effects.

I had no problem with Damon. I feel that his character was needed. Or at least, it made sense to me why he was there.

Christopher Nolan, thank you for taking risks. Thank you for going to such ambitious length. And more importantly, thank you for being YOU.

A+.

Best of luck to figuring out your personal problems! :)

I am myself am going through a fairly rough patch personally, and seeing this film has been one of the only few bright spots recently. It's inspired me to work harder and push further.

• Like 1

Good thing too. Honestly I think in the hands of any inexperienced studio hack, an Inception sequel could have possibly been a disaster.

It could still be. We don't know what the future holds. A sequel to 2001 was released 16 years after the fact. Once Nolan is done with WB, it would not surprise me if they try to monetize the concept as much as possible. Now, maybe he will keep working with them the rest of his career and nothing will come of it. That would be nice.

• Like 3

I was not talking about an Interstellar sequel, I was talking about an Inception sequel. That movie was so successful, you just know WB's executives would love to try to franchise it if they could.

Oh whoops. I sort of liked Inception , but I thought it was TDK, The Prestige in recent memory where Nolan truly shined

as one of the best out there in the director and filmmaking game.

And yep with over a billion made between BO and HV BO alone.. Hell yeah you know they are proably licking their lips

wondering if they can get Nolan or another top notch filmmaker to turn it into the matrix.

Still is Inception a film that works when you have too many sequels though?

With Matrix 4 and 5 on the way after the disasterous movie 3.. Nothing would suprise me with Warner Brothers my friend.

:-O Lets hope they leave Inception sequels alone, unless they are truly going to try and match or surpass the original.

Making popcorn quality sequels would definitely do Nolan and team tons of injustice to a great original film premise.

• Like 3

Fine to see you too Kal. It's 11 days since you last posted.

Well Turtles isn't huge, but it's doing very successful. I at least hope Interstellar can make 500m worldwide, but that might be reaching it.

I just hope they don't make a sequel to that or Inception. Both films ended just fine.

Also you might think Interstellar to be slow, but it's definitely worth a watch. It's quite the experience.

(steals pokes Prize Pokemon-lol)  Hey remember it was a tired franchise to be heading towards a billion

in revenue from BO and HV BO alone, and the billions its aiming to make in this live action resurgence..

TMNT is huge my friend.. Are you not looking at all the Turtle mania starting again... This could go uber almost to the level

of Disneys Monsters merchandising or was it Cars.

I just know one of Disneys films did good at the BO, but the merchandising made a landmark 8Billion extra in revenue in 1 yr.

That is crazy!!

It could still be. We don't know what the future holds. A sequel to 2001 was released 16 years after the fact. Once Nolan is done with WB, it would not surprise me if they try to monetize the concept as much as possible. Now, maybe he will keep working with them the rest of his career and nothing will come of it. That would be nice.

Indeed. Inception is not a movie I want to see a sequel to.

• Like 5

(steals pokes Prize Pokemon-lol)  Hey remember it was a tired franchise to be heading towards a billion

in revenue from BO and HV BO alone, and the billions its aiming to make in this live action resurgence..

TMNT is huge my friend.. Are you not looking at all the Turtle mania starting again... This could go uber almost to the level

of Disneys Monsters merchandising or was it Cars.

I just know one of Disneys films did good at the BO, but the merchandising made a landmark 8Billion extra in revenue in 1 yr.

That is crazy!!

I was referring to the box office, which is around 500m worldwide. TMNT is a very successful film indeed.

Cars merchandising sales are quite, but it kinda led to Pixar's downfall so to speak, since Disney wants them to make another Cars sequels so they can sell more toys.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1