#ED

John Wick (2014)

John Wick  

60 members have voted

1. 1. John Wick

[mod edit], Snowpiecer sucked, Skyfall bored, Mission impossible overrates whilst John wick is the only one to truly kick ass.

John Wick killed more people than Evans, Cruise and Bond did in their films put together, because John Wick is a badass.

Also I have to laugh at your review, so its perfectly realistic for people to predict the future with mind powers (Snowpiecer), jump around a massive sky scraper practically one handed (MI5) or get shot of a train, jump into freezing water in the cold weather of Scotland without so much as getting hyperthermia (Skyfall) but having an accurate shot with a pistol is where you draw the line? Seriously if that's your main beef, then you clearly are just looking for things to hate.

BTW, as if MI5 had a memorable villain

No, the movie was fucking mediocre and not memorable at all. I'd rather watch Skyfall or MI5 100 times before I watch this movie again. John Wick was not that good. I'm not being a hater.

Edited by Telemachos

No, the movie was fucking mediocre and not memorable at all. I'd rather watch Skyfall or MI5 100 times before I watch this movie again. John Wick was not that good. I'm not being a hater.

John Wick isn't toned down for little kids, probably why you disliked it.

Edited by jessie

Have to agree with the minority.  Read a lot on it being a good film and was expecting something amazing.  Must admit i was kind of bored watching this.  The action scenes whilst nice choreographed were kind meh with me.  He was just killing everyone so easily after being battered at the beginning in front of his dog.  So from going to super weak he's now a bad ass shooting and gun toting killer who hardly got shot at by the bad guys.  You'd think after the 10th bad guy gets killed trying to get close to John Wick without getting a shot off they would have managed to learn but it was like playing against a bad AI in a video game.

Just my opinion 

Finally saw John Wick, which was a good watch. Not a great film, but its simple and goes right to the point. I love how it doesn't use much exposition and you're just left to figure out gold coins and hotel, movie doesn't treat you like an idiot. 

I love how deliberate he was with his guns. Usually two shots to the chest, and one to the head. Plus it actually shows him fucking reloading unlike most films and even the occasional gun jam. 

Wick is the guy you send to kill Liam Neeson's character in Taken lol.

B+

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2

Watched this the other night with my son & his girlfriend - they said I had too & would love it.  Surprised the hell out of me & I really did enjoy it.  I have loved Keanu since I first saw him in River's Edge & of course I loved him in this - he shocked the hell out of me with the fighting/shooting scenes - incredible.  Add to Keanu Willem Dafoe & Ian McShane & I was happy indeed.  Loved the whole underworld they created with the gold coins & the rules in the bar/hotel.  Loved the colors in this - I grew up seeing the NY skyline & it looked so different & beautiful in this movie.  Couldn't believe how much I anticipated & looked forward to Keanu killing the dog killer (I kept calling him Theo from GOT) & I really liked his father's character - he made me laugh alot.  I have been telling all my friends & family to watch this - it's a real fun ride!!

A

• Like 1

John Wick is a phenomenal action showcase. Unfortunately, this is sometimes at the loss of a compelling story or characters. Thankfully, the world-building makes up for those missing qualities, and the action is admittedly some of the best in modern filmmaking. It's non-stop adrenaline that's justified and honestly beautiful in its sequencing. John Wick isn't a masterpiece, but for what it is, it's pretty great. B