#ED

John Wick (2014)

John Wick  

60 members have voted

1. 1. John Wick

There were some inconsistencies in terms of geographical details. The license plate on his car was New Jersey, and the gas station he stops at is in New Jersey, but he pumps his own gas which in NJ is not allowed. However, they seem to show the funeral scene somewhere east of Manhattan and then later show him driving across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan suggesting he was coming in from Long Island instead of NJ.

But that stuff was ultimately inconsequential.

But that actually works as proof as to how well made this film is in that we have to look at things like this to be able to find errors.

Generally with a film of this style and budget, you expect to be able to make a 20min cinema sins video of glaring plot holes and instances of stupidity for the sake of moving the plot along and there really just aren't many at all.

But that actually works as proof as to how well made this film is in that we have to look at things like this to be able to find errors.

Generally with a film of this style and budget, you expect to be able to make a 20min cinema sins video of glaring plot holes and instances of stupidity for the sake of moving the plot along and there really just aren't many at all.

If you're from NJ like I am, though, you can easily spot the gas station inaccuracy. :lol:

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

There were some inconsistencies in terms of geographical details. The license plate on his car was New Jersey, and the gas station he stops at is in New Jersey, but he pumps his own gas which in NJ is not allowed. However, they seem to show the funeral scene somewhere east of Manhattan and then later show him driving across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan suggesting he was coming in from Long Island instead of NJ.

You are being extremely picky. Who the hell would shit like that ruin your movie going experience? Like anyone really gives a fuck about 'mistakes' that small.

• Like 3

giphy.gif

• Like 2

You are being extremely picky. Who the hell would shit like that ruin your movie going experience? Like anyone really gives a fuck about 'mistakes' that small.

Do you not know the meaning of the word inconsequential? Because I used that word.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Have to join the hate parade for this movie. I did not find this movie as fun, thrilling, or as good compared to a lot of action movies I've seen recently. Doesn't even remotely compare to Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol, Skyfall, and the more recent SnowPiercer. I thought Keanu Reeves was great in the role, but the way he was so efficient in killing people and never missing a shot is a bit hard to believe. Nobody is THAT GOOD with a rifle or pistol, not even a terminator or a machine. I give the movie very high marks in the way it was directed, and the fight scenes were very good. I just don't think it's as good as everyone is saying. There were also no memorable villains in the movie.

Very overrated with some definite flaws.

I give it a C+.

Edited by FrozenBuff

Have to join the hate parade for this movie. I did not find this movie as fun, thrilling, or as good compared to a lot of action movies I've seen recently. Doesn't even remotely compare to Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol, Skyfall, and the more recent SnowPiercer. I thought Keanu Reeves was great in the role, but the way he was so efficient in killing people and never missing a shot is a bit hard to believe. Nobody is THAT GOOD with a rifle or pistol, not even a terminator or a machine. I give the movie very high marks in the way it was directed, and the fight scenes were very good. I just don't think it's as good as everyone is saying. There were also no memorable villains in the movie.

Very overrated with some definite flaws.

I give it a C+.

[mod edit], Snowpiecer sucked, Skyfall bored, Mission impossible overrates whilst John wick is the only one to truly kick ass.

John Wick killed more people than Evans, Cruise and Bond did in their films put together, because John Wick is a badass.

Also I have to laugh at your review, so its perfectly realistic for people to predict the future with mind powers (Snowpiecer), jump around a massive sky scraper practically one handed (MI5) or get shot of a train, jump into freezing water in the cold weather of Scotland without so much as getting hyperthermia (Skyfall) but having an accurate shot with a pistol is where you draw the line? Seriously if that's your main beef, then you clearly are just looking for things to hate.

BTW, as if MI5 had a memorable villain

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

Okay, now I've read the thread and most of you guys are insane. Really? You flipped out over that?

It's okay. I liked that there was solid fight choreography. I liked that it had some style. But that was about it. I was bored through a lot of it. I didn't think the villains were interesting or fun, I thought the story was bland (and went for the obvious or weaker choice consistently); overall I was disappointed. I was really looking forward to this... can't believe this it what it turned out to be.

• Like 4

Okay, now I've read the thread and most of you guys are insane. Really? You flipped out over that?

It's okay. I liked that there was solid fight choreography. I liked that it had some style. But that was about it. I was bored through a lot of it. I didn't think the villains were interesting or fun, I thought the story was bland (and went for the obvious or weaker choice consistently); overall I was disappointed. I was really looking forward to this... can't believe this it what it turned out to be.

:whip:

• Like 4

I hope you don't use Mission Impossible 2 as a guide to Sydney.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

What-did-you-say-Anchorman-GIF.gif

• Like 2

These aren't the kinds of things I'm really concerned about in my smartly stylized action movies. emot-colbert.gif

True but it was awful convenient that Adrianne Palicki, who was shown to not give a fuck about the Continental's rules, suddenly stop stalking Wick (presumably to keep tabs on him and attack if he gets out of line) because the concierge called her.

I gave it a B+ because it's good but it's not The Guest :ph34r:. I also though The Drop, the other actioner with a pup in it, although more of a slow burn suspense thriller, preferable to Wick. All that said, John Wick's plenty of loopy fun a la Constantine. And, well, I love me some well staged gun fu.