Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Either people don't do their homework and see that the territory release schedule is different from the first film to the second, or they are simply trolling to try get a an angry reaction from someone.

I think by Sunday, AoU will be around $900M ($310M in NA, $590M elsewhere). Massive disappointment considering Avengers had crossed $1B by that point but hopefully China will make up for it.

If Age of Ultron is sitting at $310M after this weekend, that $100M difference is entirely attributed to the domestic drop and the fact that China is launching late. Not sure how that equals a massive disappointment (considering this is the international thread). 

If Age of Ultron is sitting at $310M after this weekend, that $100M difference is entirely attributed to the domestic drop and the fact that China is launching late. Not sure how that equals a massive disappointment (considering this is the international thread).

Look, I've chosen to be negative cuz at this point stuff could lean towards either side. If the weekend or China's debut offer any positive indications for the film's trajectory, I'll be the first to celebrate. As for the domestic vs international, people discuss global results here too.

Edited by Quigley

I think by Sunday, AoU will be around $900M ($310M in NA, $590M elsewhere). Massive disappointment considering Avengers had crossed $1B by that point but hopefully China will make up for it.

Everything below The Avengers is a massive disappointment? What a bunch of nonsense.

The Marvel Studios/Disney tentpole had reached $716.7m worldwide by Thursday and was poised to cross $500m heading into its third international weekend.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron stands at $489.7m outside North America ahead of what is expected to be another winning session via Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/ultron-crosses-700m-global/5087586.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

About 11.5M Wednsday.

US + C ~ 85 m
rest of the world ~ 85m
Thursday ~ 20 m (USA + OW) + 
a total of 170 m + current 717m  = 907m
will close

That is sub 50% OS drop. I doubt that will happen. Korea is looking at 65%+ drop and that is the biggest market among holdovers. Most big markets will drop > 50% as it was a holiday weekend last week.

Also lots of markets report 4-5 day weekends. So part of OS weekends will include wednesday gross(very few like france) and thursday gross( quite a few markets report 4 day weekends including korea). RTH had the list of how many markets report 3/4/5 day weekend. Japan reports 2-day weekend(does not impact AOU at this point).

The Marvel Studios/Disney tentpole had reached $716.7m worldwide by Thursday and was poised to cross $500m heading into its third international weekend.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron stands at $489.7m outside North America ahead of what is expected to be another winning session via Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/ultron-crosses-700m-global/5087586.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

About 11.5M Wednsday.

Please tell me they meant Wednesday...

Edited by Quigley

I believe the report includes thur OS but not DOM, add 9.4 for DOM

I doubt it will do more than 155m WW this weekend. 81m os 74m dom

880m WW total for sunday nite

Edit: Thursday os not included, add 10m. 890m

Edited by M F Lawrence

I am pretty sure the number is upto Wednesday.

DOM was 227m as of Wednesday.

so OS would be 489.7m. Which must be upto Wednesday as it was already at 478m after Tuesday.

So after weekdays it would be at roughly 735m.

I am expecting 85m domestic and 80m OS this weekend, thus it should land precisely at 900m.

• Like 3

I make a new tab with subtotals by continent and I update it as possible.

Unfortunately it seems that the international reports of Universal are more accurate and complete than those of DIsney. In fact for FF7 after collecting and comparing datas from multiple sources, only 5M$ on 1098M$ are lost (and this could be due also for my errors), while for Age of Ultron the "unknow" is 62M$ on 490M$.

For as we know, Aou is doing very well in Asia and a bit worse in Europa (exchange rate and lacking of 3D?), while for others we have too few datas to tell something.

All contributions are the welcome.

123l7c0.png

• Like 12