grim22

Weekend #s. Nightcrawler - 10.909M, Ouija 10.9M. #WeekendEstimateGate. Interstellar advertising goes here - opening Tuesday 8pm.

BOM updated top 2 movies, Ouiji beats Night crawler $10,700,000 to $10,441,000

Definitely a nail-biter weekend. 

And, man, Saw is practically going to shed all of its theaters as soon as possible. I wonder since this is a re-issue if they can ignore the two-week window. If I were a theater owner, I would be pissed if this was playing at my theater with that sort of PTA.

Edited by CloneWars

I wouldn't be surprised if Saw was a 1-week only deal for a lot of theaters.

I mean the only reason this is even happened is because of Halloween. Surely nobody was expecting it to do any business at all on November 10.

• Like 2

Definitely a nail-biter weekend. 

And, man, Saw is practically going to shed all of its theaters as soon as possible. I wonder since this is a re-issue if they can ignore the two-week window. If I were a theater owner, I would be pissed if this was playing at my theater with that sort of PTA.

I mean the only reason this is even happened is because of Halloween. Surely nobody was expecting it to do any business at all on November 10.

The movie was re-released for one week only. It was never meant to be more than that.

BOM updated top 2 movies, Ouiji beats Night crawler $10,700,000 to $10,441,000

Eh.  Still says "estimates".  I'm still bitter over them changing the numbers on some of the smaller releases last week on Tuesday, almost a full day after they'd labeled them actuals (cost me 2,000 points in the competition).

I don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to begin with....

I'm kind of disappointed Ouija beat Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler is a better movie, and "deserves" to be first. (well, I haven't seen Ouija, but I'm guessing it's not "quite" as good at Nightcrawler  :P )

• Like 1

from BOM:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3952&p=.htm

Of course, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Jason Reitman's Men, Women & Children, which began and ended its run within the month. The movie had one of the worst nationwide debuts ever, and wrapped up on October 30th with less than $800,000.

Through the end of October, year-to-date box office is down 3.7 percent to $8.48 billion. It remains unlikely that 2014 will set a new yearly record, though it is a safe bet that the year at least wraps up over $10.5 billion

from BOM:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3952&p=.htm

Of course, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Jason Reitman's Men, Women & Children, which began and ended its run within the month. The movie had one of the worst nationwide debuts ever, and wrapped up on October 30th with less than $800,000.

Through the end of October, year-to-date box office is down 3.7 percent to $8.48 billion. It remains unlikely that 2014 will set a new yearly record, though it is a safe bet that the year at least wraps up over $10.5 billion

Men, Women & Children is proof that movie theaters are contracted to show EVERY movie, even massive flops, for two weeks! :rofl:

Meh, who cares about all these films.

Even though I'm seeing Interstellar tomorrow, who cares about that.

I'd much rather watch Strike Force Eagle 3: The Reckoning - Uncensored. It deserves to be in the Oscar race :D.