grim22

Weekend #s. Nightcrawler - 10.909M, Ouija 10.9M. #WeekendEstimateGate. Interstellar advertising goes here - opening Tuesday 8pm.

She's at that age where actresses either become Meryl Streep or get garbage roles. The whole system is sad

See also Zellweger, Rene

It is amazing how most of the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress winners from the past 15 years have just disappeared from movies following their victory. An Oscar is supposed to elevate actors, not kill their career.

Edited by grim22

See also Zellweger, Rene

It is amazing how most of the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress winners from the past 15 years have just disappeared from movies following their victory. An Oscar is supposed to elevate actors, not kill their career.

It's cos they think it opens it up to more challenging roles, but it doesn't, really. there aren't enough for women. I mean, they can try and do something interesting if they want. but it fails, and eventually they can either become Iron Man's love interest or Thor's love interest. Most depressing.

• Like 4

I did not expect Ouija to hold so well, but regardless it will get utterly slaughtered next week. What happened to john wick

I think Ouija's hold can be partly atributed to the fact that it was pg-13. With nothing else that really appeals to teens ro go to as a large group (except Best of Me if it's a group of girls) that was probably the first option for a group of teens who are bored and wanna go see a movue

• Like 1

I think Ouija's hold can be partly atributed to the fact that it was pg-13. With nothing else that really appeals to teens ro go to as a large group (except Best of Me if it's a group of girls) that was probably the first option for a group of teens who are bored and wanna go see a movue

For a second I was like "what about John Wick?" then I remembered it's R in America; so while my group of friends want to go see Nightcrawler, it isn't an option in America is it...

She s still a big star, she still do film with good to great filmmakers but nobody cares about seeing her in movies, her last hit was Cold Mountain (2003) which adjusts to 125 m and the Interpreter (2005) which adjusts to 92m, since these two movies, she s lost in flopland and even does some really crappy movies. Note that she never had a giant hit that is linked to her name, her biggest movies adjusted are Batman Forever (353m) and Days,of Thunder (158m), she never had a Pretty Woman, a movie that immediately makes you think about Julia Roberts and still her biggest hit.

Hmmm...I think that The Others ($96,522,687, adjusts to 138 million) and Moulin Rouge ($57,386,607, adjusts to 82 million) are two hits that most people associate with her. No, they were not "giant hits," but they made decent bank, and they could certainly be seen as examples of the right role for the right actress at the right moment. Moulin Rouge, in particular, featured a beloved performance by Kidman, and the film is a beloved crowdpleaser that kickstarted the modern-day renaissance of the movie musical.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 5

The vast majority of these so-called A-listers aren't major box office draws anyway so Kidman is smart that she chooses these projects with good directors. She now has the credibility in Hollywood to work for a very long time.

• Like 4

Kidman should just ditch the mainstream and work (near-)exclusively with people like Von Trier, Jonathan Glazer, Park Chan-wook, Herzog, etc. (with an occasional Rabbit Hole type of film which could offer her awards chances). They all obviously like her and at this point they are some of the only filmmakers who know how to use her well. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 4