grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

But hasn't that been BH6's number pretty much all day? It was good earlier. Now its disappointing? LOL

I was expecting it to grow and reach around 17.5 or so because that was what Lorax did. With a 16M Friday, I think a 55-58M weekend is in store which is middle of the road in terms of animated movies, and actually puts WDAS back around WiR levels post Frozen. Thanksgiving weekend competition for BH6 is much higher than what WiR faced, Rise of Guardians had flopped but doesn't look like Penguins will be a disaster.

Edited by grim22

I was expecting it to grow and reach around 17.5 or so because that was what Lorax did. With a 16M Friday, I think a 55-58M weekend is in store which is middle of the road in terms of animated movies, and actually puts WDAS back around WiR levels post Frozen. Thanksgiving weekend competition for BH6 is much higher than what WiR faced, Rise of Guardians had flopped but doesn't look like Penguins will be a disaster.

Well okay. Don't know what to say about this, lol.

• Like 1

That INTERSTELLAR number doesn't seem… awful? It seems decent if you didn't have high expectations. 

Dunno. This movie was being touted as being a billion dollar grosser. I myself couldn't get behind the hype because the trailers looked boring as fuck, and the movie itself looked to be too preachy. 

• Like 6

Dunno. This movie was being touted as being a billion dollar grosser. I myself couldn't get behind the hype because the trailers looked boring as fuck, and the movie itself looked to be too preachy. 

Literally only a few people actually believed that and most of them were doing it for the sake of doing it, not because they actually thought that Interstellar could make that much.

Most expectations were around 500 to 600m worldwide.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 3

So does that mean then when there is a military film and they are like "we hit the base at 15:00 hours guys", are Americans all like "wtf time is that!?" lol

No! Americans do know how to tell those times, since when punching in and out of work goes by those times!

• Like 2

"Preachiness" really isn't an issue as far as the film's content goes. But it is far more cerebral than I was expecting it to be.

I can definitely understand why more may have decided to see Big Hero 6, having seen both.

Edited by tribefan695