grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

yeah, agree blu.  Haven't seen interstellar yet-tomorrow! But just speaking for myself and those close to me- inception and interstellar- hype wise can't be compared.  Inception was the next damn movie after one of the most talked about and successful movies ever.  Inception had those amazing trailers-not saying interstellar doesn't-but not quite as "like whoa" as inception, plus the brrrrrrrmmmm, awesome zimmer soundtrack, leo, and just a ton of hype.

Interstellar was never going to make as much as inception.  Good start for it, just hoping i like it as much as I do other Nolan movies. 

Edited by holcs
  • Like 2

What does surprise me is BH6 possibly not opening to much more than WiR. It still could hit 60m given the anybody's guess nature of animated Sat bumps, but it probably won't. I thought that was like the floor for it with WDA's current momentum and the marketing for it.

Just got back from Interstellar in IMAX and I'm surprised to see estimates have dropped so much...wasn't 21-23 million OD on the table earlier?  Still a fine result.

I need to see the film again, but I definitely feel like the RT score is pretty spot on.  I will always love Nolan for his vision and ambition, but INTERstellar is a fitting title; it's somewhere between good and great.

Sometimes you have to look at this movie as though you weren't on a movie forum and didn't know nolan, would you see this movie based on the trailer otherwise ? I sure wouldn't.

I sure would. I'm not watching it because Nolan directed it but the subject matter. I'm a sucker for space.

• Like 1

I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it that those Inception trailers were legendary. Truly some of the best and smartest movie marketing of the modern era. IS marketing, while decent, can't come close to competing.

So many trailers have stolen Inception's musical cue that it's not even funny. A very influential trailer for sure.

On another note, my WWW needs to be reopened. IS opening to $50M is bad. It just is.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 1

so what went wrong?...Nolanites? forced RT to certify fresh a sub 75% movie along the way. . 

According to RT any movie that has 75% with over 40 reviews is certified fresh. If it then drops below 75% it doens't lose that certifcation until it drops below 70%.