grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

I'll be honest. I didn't make any prediction for this but 80 M? 90 M...100 M? That's expecting too much. It's almost three hours, not in 3D and has a serious theme. An opening similar to GRAVITY is perfectly fine.

I was kinda hoping 70 M not just for this but for BH6 as well. Let's hope they both co-exist with THG: MJ I during the Thanksgiving weekend and make November 2014 a box office blast.

I would not dismiss Big Hero 6 guys.

It has limited competition till the Holidays. 

Big Hero 6 will likely hold well next weekend, drop when MJ opens and do well on Thanksgiving.

I think Big Hero 6 will outgross Interstellar domestically it seems. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Gone Girl was about 140 minutes, iirc, but the time flew by and  I would have liked it to go on a bit more.

I had the opposite reaction.

After it's revealed she is faking the whole thing, the movie takes a lot longer to finish than it should have.

Still a really good movie but nowhere near Fincher's best.

Edited by redfirebird2008

don't forget spoiler tags~~

Rule is a one month tag policy in general threads, two weeks in the movie's specific thread.

It's been a month and five days, so spoiler tags were not mandatory, though they may be encouraged as a courtesy.

• Like 2

Stuart, to be honest you might enjoy it even more knowing that detail. I'm curious to see what I think of the movie in repeat viewings after knowing that aspect of it. But I am sorry for spoiling it. Figured everyone here had seen it already. :(

Edited by redfirebird2008

Stuart, to be honest you might enjoy it even more knowing that detail. I'm curious to see what I think of the movie in repeat viewings after knowing that aspect of it. But I am sorry for spoiling it. Figured everyone here had seen it already. :(

I was just joking man, its cool. I was probably going to wait for the Blu Ray anyway.