grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

In battles like these the animated feature often comes out on top.

Can't believe so many people expected Interstellar to easily win this one or make considerably more than it is going to.

I'm sorry, but you were the one predicting BH6 to do almost $100m on its OW, right?

Pot, meet kettle.

I had 63m OW, so yeah, I'm a bit disappointed it wont even hit 60m. That being said, a Gravity-like opening is still alright. Just goes to show that some of the predictions were too damn high. In any event, although the numbers aren't as good as we had hoped, we still got a great movie, which is what matters most at the end of the day.

• Like 2

What Twilight girl is in this?

Jacob's baby bride.

If you need more specifics, the daughter after she was a baby and before she was grown.  She was the girls whose face they had to CGI onto all the daughters

• Like 2

More like not understand why people are disappointed when a film matches tracking and studio expectations

Forget studio expectations, I had my own. Granted, if I had known what the final product would look like I probably wouldn't have made them, but when Interstellar was first announced I was expecting it to be a big hit.

Edited by tribefan695

It's quite amazing how all those posters who are not here every day, knew that Interstellar would open to less than 60 mill and even more amazing how they all here to tell everyone how they can't believe anyone would think that it would.  After all, all of us are simple peons compared to their box office acumen.

It's easy to see who predicted what for INTERSTELLAR. Just go to my club and look at the number of original members versus those who were out.

Well I guess Dumb and Dumber To is winning next weekend unless Interstellar or BH6 have sub-15% drops..

After seeing Interstellar, that's about the most anyone could expect. $59-60 million by Sunday wouldn't be too bad. Still good for $210-230 million DOM total as long as it doesn't crash next week. 

Big Hero 6 is doing pretty solid - should get $220-240 million DOM.. probably unrealistic to expect 3 November releases to all soar past $250 million+ 

It's easy to see who predicted what for INTERSTELLAR. Just go to my club and look at the number of original members versus those who were out.

He was probably referring to me who isn't in (or out of) any clubs.

Edited by Elessar