kitik

Weekend actuals (Big Hero 6 56.2, Interstellar 47.5)

BH6 has a better average per screen than IS so even BH6 having more screens can't be used as an excuse for a lower number.

The counter argument is that BH6 had 3D tickets.

Of course the counter argument to that is that Interstellar had IMAX tickets.

Of course the actual fact is that BH6 had a ton of discounted child admissions, meaning that it should have solidly beat Interstellar when it comes to total tickets sold.

• Like 3

no RIP Nolan's career

A bit early for that I think.

But yeah, he's not Spielberg, not yet...By the way what does he do this dear Spielby? He stopped his career? The last time I heard of him it was for the Tintin movie (I want a sequel!!)

• Like 1

Better first Sunday drop than Gravity for IS, tiny bit worse than The Blind Side's first Sunday drop, a few percent worse than Skyfall's first Sunday drop.

To be fair though, Gravity's increase from Friday to Saturday was MUCH better (31% > 8%) than Interstellar's. But, different weekend, different month. Skyfall's the better comp.

• Like 2

The counter argument is that BH6 had 3D tickets.

Of course the counter argument to that is that Interstellar had IMAX tickets.

Of course the actual fact is that BH6 had a ton of discounted child admissions, meaning that it should have solidly beat Interstellar when it comes to total tickets sold.

Anyway, BH6 outshone it :D

• Like 2

The TINTIN sequel is still on tap; Spielberg and Jackson flipping roles this time around (Spielberg producing, Jackson directing). PJ's gotta do the mocap once HOBBIT 3 is all finished up.

Absolutely wonderful, you made my day Tele :lol:^_^

• Like 1

For a look ahead, everyone should check out 2008, the last time Veterans Day fell on a Tuesday:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2008-11-11&p=.htm

Looks like the Monday drops will be better than usual, while the kids movies will get a huge Tuesday boost. And then everything gets destroyed back down to normal on Wednesday.

• Like 3