Fancyarcher

Wednesday Actuals: Nolan - 3.4, BH6 - 1.8M

I don't know about that. It had a pretty big fanbase and was a very anticipated adaptation of a popular book. It opened to the 2014 equivalent of $107m in 5 days. That's pretty huge for a December movie.

Yeah but they were planning to do the next two movies straight to dvd

Interstellar isn't doing well because people do not like or care to see it

Interstellar is doing okay though. It's not like it's a bomb or anything. I know Nolanites expected more at the box office but the truth is it will make some money eventually and go into the books as a solid effort all around.

I think people do care to see it. Just not in the numbers that drive blockbusters into the 100s of millions of dollars stratosphere.

• Like 7

Interstellar is doing okay though. It's not like it's a bomb or anything. I know Nolanites expected more at the box office but the truth is it will make some money eventually and go into the books as a solid effort all around.

I think people do care to see it. Just not in the numbers that drive blockbusters into the 100s of millions of dollars stratosphere.

Paramount will probably lose money on it during theatrical distribution, but I think they will eventually break even on their Interstellar deals due to Friday the 13th and South Park. Those franchises allow for movies with low production budgets that will turn a profit for them.

• Like 1

LOS ANGELES - November 12, 2014 - According to Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, the Jim Carrey-Jeff Daniels comedy sequel "Dumb and Dumber To" is a no-brainer for moviegoers this weekend, representing more than 50% of Fandango's weekend wide release sales and scoring a bright 86 out of 100 points on the company's Fanticipation movie buzz indicator. "Dumb and Dumber Too" is currently outselling last year's irreverent comedies, "Anchorman 2" and "We're the Millers," at the same point in the Fandango sales cycle.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2014-11-12-fandango-dumb-and-dumber-to-pre-sales-outpacing-anchorman-2

• Like 1

Paramount will probably lose money on it during theatrical distribution, but I think they will eventually break even on their Interstellar deals due to Friday the 13th and South Park. Those franchises allow for movies with low production budgets that will turn a profit for them.

But with South Park you need Stone and Parker to make them. But Friday the 13th they are easier to make.
  • Like 1