Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I think our Hitler reaction videos are kind of similar:

:rotfl:

jj abrams balls burst....hahahhaa

both were good and def see the similarities

You old farts been hanging around each other too much....looks at self...oh yeah I'm kind of old too haha

Edited by holcs
  • Like 3

12840-6196.gif

Well, don't I feel like the fuckin asshole.

If they have any smarts, they'll catch on make a movie about each chapter of the Silmarillion.... especially some of the  stories of gondolin I reckon would make a few great movies there... :ph34r:

• Like 1

In other words, the top 4 combined aren't gonna match CF alone.

That makes this look even worse or you could say it makes CF's opening look even more impressive. I guess it depends if you want to be positive or negative about it.

• Like 2

If they have any smarts, they'll catch on make a movie about each chapter of the Silmarillion.... especially some of the  stories of gondolin I reckon would make a few great movies there... :ph34r:

WB doesn't have the film rights to the Simarillion. ;)

WB doesn't have the film rights to the Simarillion. ;)

Given, they got the hobbit to the screen with all the issues with getting that one to happen.. i'm sure they will find a way to extend the cash cow........

but yes I know what you mean. i'm not even sure if the Tolkien estate want that part of the middle earth backstory on screen anyway. 

In other words, the top 4 combined aren't gonna match CF alone.

Ouch...this year has def been a down year.  Geez, if GoG didn't break out a bit this would be a terrible year.  Forgot who posted it, but seriously so much media has gone into avengers 2, star wars, BvsS that I just think ur average movie goer is waiting for those huge blockbusters.  

Quality wise those, there's been a ton of great movies this year, just not a ton of big budget winners

• Like 2

The Tolkien Estate is pretty firm that they're not going to sell any further rights.

Does that mean no spin-off movies?...like say a aragorn/stryder early days movie ?  cuz id watch that shit. ha

• Like 1

This thread is hysterical.

Will the forum implode if GOTG beats MJ1 for the domestic title? I'd love to see Katniss fans cursing America again the way they did during CF's OW. :P

Highly unlikely with a 56-58m OD. It will open 135-140m and since it's a THG movie it should have at least a 2.5x multi. So that still puts it ahead of GOTG. It's #1 of 2014 title is safe, but geez what a lame fight it was this year.

The Tolkien Estate is pretty firm that they're not going to sell any further rights.

They weren't too happy with how the LOTR trilogy was done so they have to be frothing at The Hobbit trilogy.  We'll probably have to wait until the next generation of Tolkien are in charge to have any chance to see any more on film.  It's a shame because The Silmarrillion is a treasure trove as are The Lost Tales.

• Like 1

Highly unlikely with a 56-58m OD. It will open 135-140m and since it's a THG movie it should have at least a 2.5x multi. So that still puts it ahead of GOTG. It's #1 of 2014 title is safe, but geez what a lame fight it was this year.

Yeaaah, that won't happen.

• Like 1

Yeaaah, that won't happen.

If it hits the higher end of the range and follows CF's patterns it will. Remember, CF had 8m more in late nights than MJ1. If we take those out CF increased about 15% Sat and dropped 34% on Sun. Using a 57m OD for MJ1:

Late Nights: 17m

Fri: 40m

Sat: 46m (+15%)

Sun 31m (-34%)

134m OW

I personally think the Sat/Sun holds will be even a little better than that though since this already appears less frontloaded than its predecessor.

Edited by MovieMan89

If it hits the higher end of the range and follows CF's patterns it will. Remember, CF had 8m more in late nights than MJ1. If we take those out CF increased about 15% Sat and dropped 34% on Sun. Using a 57m OD for MJ1:

Late Nights: 17m

Fri: 40m

Sat: 46m (+15%)

Sun 31m (-34%)

134m OW

I personally think the Sat/Sun holds will be even a little better than that though since this already appears less frontloaded than its predecessor.

I hardly think it'll follow Catching Fire's pattern from here on.

You're right, it should have better holds for the weekend. CF had a 35% late night share of its OD, whereas MJ1's is only looking to be around 28-30%. So again, it's acting less front-loaded so far.

Just because it had lower midnights numbers than usual doesn't mean it'll actually hold better in the upcoming days. Catching Fire had better reviews and even better marketing, so saying this will actually hold up better than Catching Fire in the upcoming days (despite Thursday/Friday numbers clearly suggesting people aren't nearly as interested in this as they were with the previous movie) is downright ridiculous.