Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I'm not a fan of MJ1, but your comment about how Katniss was totally dependent on two guys was so wrong. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Well, I know the character has huge PTSD, but through the whole movie she just seemed to wander around crying over Peeta. To me it seemed she was totally being controlled by her emotions. Peeta this, Peeta that. I didn't find Katniss nearly as interesting as I did in the previous two films. 

What's your view on it?

The problem is two-fold: firstly, he's completely uninteresting, secondly, the stories keep insisting that there's some sort of deep passionate connection between them, when there isn't. Why bother with the love triangle to begin with? Why should Katniss even be burdened with either of them? Why does she have to choose between a glorified extra or a talking 2x4?

Which one is which? The descriptions could easily map to either character.

• Like 3

Unobtanium is a ancient inside joke used in scientific circles since they understood the problems of the second law of thermodynamics.

Cameron knows a lot of scientists and that s where he got the word from, he knows its real meaning and consequences which are absolutely tragic for the human race by the way.

Edited by The Futurist

Well, I know the character has huge PTSD, but through the whole movie she just seemed to wander around crying over Peeta. To me it seemed she was totally being controlled by her emotions. Peeta this, Peeta that. I didn't find Katniss nearly as interesting as I did in the previous two films. 

What's your view on it?

What movie did you watch?

Yes, she cried over Peeta a little, but she also cried over the loss of her district more, which made complete sense and fit her character. Also, even though she cried, she had some badass moments (if we burn, you burn with us) as well

• Like 1

What movie did you watch?

Yes, she cried over Peeta a little, but she also

cried over the loss of her district more, which made complete sense and fit her character. Also, even though she cried, she had some badass moments (if we burn, you burn with us) as well

I don't think so. She was far more distressed every time Peeta came up.

What's your view on it?

I give it a B-/C+. I love the first two films, particularly CF. But the story here was far too weak. The strong focus on Gale really hindered the film, as well. A few great scenes, though, like the Hanging Tree and the final few minutes. Lawrence and Moore were easily the best.

The propaganda stuff became really tiresome after a while and the big climax in the end wasn't as thrilling as it should have been. 

The problem is two-fold: firstly, he's completely uninteresting, secondly, the stories keep insisting that there's some sort of deep passionate connection between them, when there isn't. Why bother with the love triangle to begin with? Why should Katniss even be burdened with either of them? Why does she have to choose between a glorified extra or a talking 2x4?

Why?

Possibly to sell books to gullible teenage girls that are dying to be in a fanbase where their most interesting conversations revolves around statments such as "OMG!!! Totally TEAM PEETA!" or "I totally ship Katniss and Gale! xoxoxox".

If you make a story with lots of twist and turns, write it in first person, and put a CW-esque love triangle in there...you are almost garunteed to become a multi-millionaire. And thats exactly what Suzanne Collins did. Smart thinking on her part

• Like 1

I give it a B-/C+. I love the first two films, particularly CF. But the story here was far too weak. The strong focus on Gale really hindered the film, as well. A few great scenes, though, like the Hanging Tree and the final few minutes. Lawrence and Moore were easily the best.

The propaganda stuff became really tiresome after a while and the big climax in the end wasn't as thrilling as it should have been. 

Yeah, the propaganda stuff was disappointingly toothless.

I liked the propaganda stuff. I actually felt there was some nuance to it, and the fact that both sides used it made things a little morally ambiguous in the beginning (admittedly, the film copped out of this almost immediately). 

I found it to be grating after the 7347485th time.