Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

He's producing the next one (and presumably later ones as well). I think stylistically the new ones will be similar to his... Orci is a complete wildcard in terms of directing, of course.

That's an optimistic way of saying "impending disaster".

• Like 3

How did you like it Jandrew?

It wasnt bad, i'd watch it 100x over Twilight once, but it felt too incomplete and obvious that theyre saving the goods for next year. They couldve made a standalone movie and called it "Part 1", but they made a literal Part 1. I wish they wouldve condensed it and gotten into the meat now, instead of using this movie to solely establish everything. This movie also felt cheaper and it sounded like they reused CF's score, but again its not a bad movie, just LG made the movie feel unessecary. This raises my expectations for Part 2 though, they better bring their A+ game for it.

• Like 2

It wasnt bad, i'd watch it 100x over Twilight once, but it felt too incomplete and obvious that theyre saving the goods for next year. They couldve made a standalone movie and called it "Part 1", but they made a literal Part 1. I wish they wouldve condensed it and gotten into the meat now, instead of using this movie to solely establish everything. This movie also felt cheaper and it sounded like they reused CF's score, but again its not a bad movie, just LG made the movie feel unessecary. This raises my expectations for Part 2 though, they better bring their A+ game for it.

Thanks Jandrew!

• Like 2

I did!  I said it was great in a couple different threads.  I've got it as my #4 movie of the year right now.

#1 - Grand Budapest

#2 - Boyhood

#3 - ??

#4 - Whiplash

#5 - GotG

I loved GotG but I'm not particularly happy to have it on this list, and I'm leaving #3 blank for now because nothing really deserves it.  If you put a gun to my head I'd bump Whiplash up to #3 and put Chef in at #5 but that would feel like cheating.  I haven't seen Birdman, but Mrs Wrath gave it mixed reviews, and I haven't seen Interstellar yet (and I'm hoping I'll love it but we'll see).

I'm kinda hoping that Interstellar ends up being worth putting on the list and the final Hobbit installment opens with an apology for trolling us on the first two.  The 3rd one has all the awesomeness of the entire trilogy, and between the two of them they push GotG off the list.

Have you not seen Gone Girl yet?

This is a bullshit argument, imo. If TA2 opens to 150m it would still be one of the biggest OW of all time, but would you not also deem it disappointing?

PleasepleasepleasePLEASE do not joke or insinuate that such a thing could happen. TA2 will make way more on OW than IM3. :):P

• Like 1