Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Ah, well then the song's disqualified. But hey, at least now we can hear water complain about sexism in Academy policies.

like how the hunger games franchise isn't taken seriously because it's a "dumb ya series for annoying teen girls"

catching fire deserved wins in best actress and best costume design, and noms for best film, best director, best adapted screenplay, sound mixing, production design, makeup and hairstyling, and editing

Not to mention best foreign language film, best documentary short subject and best movie about a revolution against an anarchist regime but not really.

• Like 5

like how the hunger games franchise isn't taken seriously because it's a "dumb ya series for annoying teen girls"

I'm not going to get into this with you again. There's definitely some sexist attitudes towards the franchise; that I'll concede. But when you start to argue that professional reviewers are the ones demonstrating that sexism, then you need to support it with evidence, which you haven't done and don't want to do.

Edited by Dark Jedi Master 007
  • Like 1

Someone complained about the academy changing their rules to DQ the taylor swift song from the first one, when those had always been the rules. can't remember who that was. we have a few swift loons here.

Hey, Taylor Swift is awesome 

• Like 1

Someone complained about the academy changing their rules to DQ the taylor swift song from the first one, when those had always been the rules. can't remember who that was. we have a few swift loons here.

Ethan?

• Like 1

catching fire deserved wins in best actress and best costume design, and noms for best film, best director, best adapted screenplay, sound mixing, production design, makeup and hairstyling, and editing

Cat_slap.gif

Stop it!

ok i listened to it and it's not as good as hanging tree. next.

Well, the Academy will be happy to hear that. One less award choice members need to worry about.

I would argue that all the criticism about Peeta s character being weak,boring and/or the damsel in distress is unconscious sexism/machismo.

A lot of people say these things about Peeta without asking themselves why.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

I would argue that all the criticism about Peeta s character being weak,boring and/or the princess in distress is unconscious sexism/machismo.

True. Also...boy's a pansy.

I would argue that all the criticism about Peeta s character being weak,boring and/or the princess in distress is unconscious sexism/machismo.

Wait, people are complaining that they turned the damsel in distress trope on its head? I think that's cool (though haven't seen the film so idk how well it is executed)

How is that unconscious sexism? I mean, it might be, but I really have no clue.

Regardless, I do agree with you that the hate against Peeta is a little dumb. I went through some reviews this morning, and they were all complaining about how Peeta seemed .

drugged up and really passive. And I was like "well that's the character; the Capitol is threatening his life, and he can't take it. So what's the issue?

• Like 1

Nah. He's just a Gary Stu.

• Like 2