Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Nikki was right a while back when she still had her website, I believe she referred to Busch as "batshit insane" and people called her a bully for that. Psh.

Do you remember that fuckery about TF4 when Paramount Puerto Ricoed the numbers to over 100M? It was crazy because she said that bump was also causing the WW OW to go over 300M wich was not true, the movie would have gone over 300M anyway even with a 97M OW DOM :rofl: 

• Like 3

Nikki was right a while back when she still had her website, I believe she referred to Busch as "batshit insane" and people called her a bully for that. Psh.

To be fair, I believe this Mockingjay box office article was written by some Anthony dude. Maybe Anita has the final editorial power on it, but that guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about on IMAX at least.

To be fair, I believe this Mockingjay box office article was written by some Anthony dude. Maybe Anita has the final editorial power on it, but that guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about on IMAX at least.

So she's stupid and lazy? Nikki would never outsource box office. The state of Deadline is a disgrace.

• Like 1

They may be trying a bit too hard but "threequelitis" (lol I'm totally calling it that now) is real though. That's why LOTR's still the ONLY franchise in history to not come down with it.

And let's just take this moment to bow in awe of that trilogy's masterful presence while we're all at it. Because it sure as hell bows to no one.

LOTR's third movie wasn't The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Part 1 though, THG would have obviously joined that club if they didn't split the third book.

None of the LOTR movies ever drag on except maybe the last 30 minutes of ROTK which I think was earned.

The complaints of the ROTK ending dragging would be nowhere near as big as the complaints if the movie had just ended without resolution of all three main protagonist's arcs (Aragorn, Sam, and Frodo). And that's exactly what the movie took care of. When those 3 arcs were fully finished, it ended.

• Like 2

Entire article is a ridiculous spin job. :lol:  Most likely someone from Lionsgate help provide why MJ1 opened well below CF.  

The complaints of the ROTK ending dragging would be nowhere near as big as the complaints if the movie had just ended without resolution of all three main protagonist's arcs (Aragorn, Sam, and Frodo). And that's exactly what the movie took care of. When those 3 arcs were fully finished, it ended.

Exactly, if the movie ended 5 minutes after Barad-dur collapsed it would've been far too abrupt and might have even have cost it the Oscar win.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

Exactly, if the movie ended 5 minutes after Barad-dur collapsed it would've been far too abrupt and might have even have cost it the Oscar win.

Yeah, almost every scene in the last half hour was a necessity. Sure the movie could have ended just fine with the ships sailing off, since that scene does indeed have a very definitive feel to it, but that wouldn't be true to the book ending which I think was important to PJ to stay true to. Plus it adds that nice "come full circle" from beginning to end touch.

I see a lot of love for the Bourne Identity, but it doesn't do much for me.

I know it's kinda taboo to say more grit = good, but it really gave the Bourne series the edge it needed. Supremacy and Ultimatum are great.

• Like 1