Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

It's not just a DOM problem, THG3 decreased all over Europe as well.

People are less interested in this, that's all.

It increased in UK and doubled the OW of CF in Portugal. Also, don't forget exchange rate is in the shit, so in many places it increased on tickets sold.

Edited by CJohn

I listened to this all day:

[mod edit]

I initially didn't like it but now that I've seen the movie I keep connecting it to that scene and it's sooo good. Definitely the best scene in any HG movie. Very moving.

Could it have a chance to win Best Original Song? Or since the lyrics' in the book it's not considered orginal? I don't know how this works.

It really is a moving scene. Edited by Telemachos

MJ 1 won t even make the ww gross of THG. Those os numbers aren t impressive at all and os audiences are even more casual than the us one for this series. Casual movie goers os all complain about the lack of action and no revolution and war. Legs won t be good everywhere. Asian markets don t give a damn about this franchise, no japan release, no 80-100m gross in China next January.

MJ 1 will struggle to reach 300 m dom.

I am sure the guys at Lionsgate never expected this and they are pissed.

The size of the drop still makes no sense for a movie coming after CF that had so much good will.

Lionsgate will still make money with the split but that steep drop, damn ... 15 m less than Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 on OW , are you kidding me ?

Fuck this.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

MJ 1 won t even make the ww gross of THG. Those os numbers aren t impressive at all and os audienced are even more casual than the us one for this series. Casual movie goers os all complain about the lack of action and no revolution and war. Legs won t be good everywhere. Asian markets don t give a damn about this franchise, no japan release, no 80-100m gross in China next January.

MJ 1 will struggle to reach 300 m dom.

I am sure the guys at Lionsgate never expected this and they are pissed.

The size of the drop still makes no sense for a movie coming after CF that had so much good will.

Lionsgate will still make money with the split but that steep drop, damn ... 15 m less than Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 on OW , are you kidding me ?

Fuck this.

This whole post is just :rofl: 

• Like 7

It increased in UK and doubled the OW of CF in Portugal. Also, don't forget exchange rate is in the shit, so in many places it increased on tickets sold.

It went from 19.8M to 19.9M in the UK. Not exactly an increase to set the world on fire. It debuted 10-15% higher on OD then started lagging CF from then onward.

This. If €/$ was 1.35 last year and 1.25 now, with the data we have in Mockingjay OS thread it has increased in Germany, for instance. It is true that it has dropped in other territories, but not so much as it seems. The problem is the exchange rate, as you well say.

• Like 2

There were adult-skewing network-TV dramas back in the day - Dallas, Dynasty, and so on. Yes people consider them "prime-time soaps", but they were dramas, melo- or not. (And there were "dramedies" too - I think the later years of M*A*S*H count, though it had a laugh track added against the protests of the producer.)

Network TV viewing actually peaked in the early 80s - the fall 1980 season premiere of Dallas, the resolution of the "Who Shot J.R.?" cliffhanger, was the most-viewed TV broadcast of all time. Then 3 years later, the M*A*S*H series finale broke that record. I think that was basically the apex of network TV viewing, it was all downhill from there.

The series finale of M*A*S*H had 106 MILLION viewers and was the most watched tv event for 27 years.

• Like 2

This. If €/$ was 1.35 last year and 1.25 now, with the data we have in Mockingjay OS thread it has increased in Germany, for instance. It is true that it has dropped in other territories, but not so much as it seems. The problem is the exchange rate, as you well say.

Yeah, Germany is an increase for sure and in the UK the increase is bigger than it seems. It also seems to have increased in tickets sold in places like Spain.

• Like 1

Yeah, Germany is an increase for sure and in the UK the increase is bigger than it seems. It also seems to have increased in tickets sold in places like Spain.

Not sure about Spain. It has dropped from $5.8m to $5.2m. That is about 4.3 million € for CF and 4.15 million € for MJ1. I do not know if average price this year has dropped (inflation is negative in Spain right now), so admissions could be similar, lower for MJ1, but not too much.

Interstellar

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $120,692,000    26.8%Foreign:  $329,000,000    73.2% = Worldwide:  $449,692,000

Amazing for it!

That worldwide total is great. Can it make it to $600m? How long will it run in China?

• Like 2

Interstellar

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $120,692,000    26.8%Foreign:  $329,000,000    73.2% = Worldwide:  $449,692,000

Amazing for it!

Yeah. If it wasn't for our unreasonable expectations, this would be an amazing number on all accounts. But since we all predicted wrong, let's call it Flopstellar.

• Like 1