CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

Maybe it's just me, but… I honestly just think it was splitting the movies up into two parts that killed the momentum and WOM.

I expect to see all these franchises who were breaking up their movies into multiple final chapters to change their tunes very soon. Marvel changing IW and giving both Avengers 3 and 4 distinct titles now. Tell one cohesive story in a movie, don't go breaking it up into two parts needlessly.

Can I ask… was it really Harry Potter that started this finale trend? Because it's so not good. Though DH1 was my favorite of all the Potter movies for some reason. 

Yes, it was Potter. 

DH's split was justified, though. The story could not have fit into one 3 hour film. 

• Like 5

Maybe it's just me, but… I honestly just think it was splitting the movies up into two parts that killed the momentum and WOM.

I expect to see all these franchises who were breaking up their movies into multiple final chapters to change their tunes very soon. Marvel changing IW and giving both Avengers 3 and 4 distinct titles now. Tell one cohesive story in a movie, don't go breaking it up into two parts needlessly.

Can I ask… was it really Harry Potter that started this finale trend? Because it's so not good. Though DH1 was my favorite of all the Potter movies for some reason. 

Deathly Hallows Part 1 is my favorite Harry Potter film as well, although I kept expecting them to call it something different (I don't know what) and then call Part 2 "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

If I were Marvel, I'd rename one of the Infinity War movies.

• Like 1

BOYHOOD is better than all last year's movies too.

In the mix for BP:

Boyhood

Unbroken - Biopic

Birdman

Gone Girl

Selma - Biopic

The Imitation Game - Biopic

The Theory of Everything - Biopic

Whiplash

Foxcatcher - Biopic

Mr. Turner - Biopic

Interstellar

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Into the Woods

American Sniper - Biopic

A Most Violent Year

Wild - Biopic

A large number of them are biopics, that is what makes it look so similar across the board for me.

• Like 1

Best movie this year was Edge of Tomorrow. Stupid Oblivion, I am blaming the poor OW for EOT on the fact that the marketing made it look very similar to Oblivion which disappointed last year.

Don't ever say anything bad about Oblivion ever again.

• Like 2

Who cares about the Oscar race.  Tom Hardy had a great year guys, go watch his movies.

#HailHardy

So much this. And to think, he probably won't get nominated at all.

This is a little awkward. If you check IMDB you'll see that This Means War actually didn't come out this year.

• Like 1