CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

What the fuck! I'm sorry but a film that grossed $424M and then making less than $300M is seriously wrong. Even from a studios perspective that is fucking terrible beyond terrible. I mean this isn't John Carter bad, and yes this still makes a shit ton of money, but this is not reaching its full BO potential by any stretch of the imagination. Something seriously went wrong here.

The fact that 300m dom is not a sure thing is baffling ...

• Like 1

Although, if MJ1 can decrease 40m between installment OWs, who's to say Hobbit can't increase 20m on OW over installments? A 95m OW would indeed put it in the race for #1.

Well, the move to a Wednesday opening will limit the 3-day OW. On the other hand, it may well be a smart move, since you get two solid days of cash plus a decent enough weekend and then you're right into the holidays.

• Like 5

If Hobbit does somehow miraculously get to #1 can I please ask all the smug hunger games fans here to take pictures of their faces when they realize it's gonna happen and post them on the forum?

I think TH3 doesn't have much of a chance at #1 domestic... but it does have a pretty good chance at challenging MJ1. Oh lordy.

• Like 3

If Hobbit does somehow miraculously get to #1 can I please ask all the smug hunger games fans here to take pictures of their faces when they realize it's gonna happen and post them on the forum?

lol

Sub 300m for MJ1 would be a stab to the heart and Hobbit 3 out grossing it would be turning the knife.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

At least with TF we saw the drop off happening. Same thing with Shrek. Spider-Man was a different story but Spider-Man 3 had toxic WOM. POTC we also got hints of a drop off. MJ1 might be dropping harder than DMC to AWE. That's fucking insane. 

• Like 2

Like everything else with that trilogy, who cares (other than Tele)?

I can only think of 4 people that care: Tele, Numbers, Ethan, and James. I am sure there are others, but I don't venture into The Hobbit thread much.

• Like 3

lol

Sub 300m for MJ1 would be a stab to the heart.

Hobbit 3 out grossing it would be turning the knife.

You see, it's the slow knife...the knife that takes its time...the knife that takes years without forgetting...then slips quietly between the bones...that's the knife that cuts deepest.

• Like 3