CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

By the way guys, if this year is meant to signal that audiences are truly abandoning going to the movie theater, next year is going to be the most brutal thing ever as we watch some of the most hyped releases in years/ever get massacred in under-performance. I may need a defibrillator by next December.

You have to admit it's interesting to watch the sea change in domestic vs. overseas revenue. China and other emerging markets are just going to keep expanding while the U.S. continues limping along because it is the most developed market and has been since the beginning of the industry.

I assure you, it is business as usual at Disney. They had a massively successful year, and now they have a shot at having the number 1 domestic grossing film for 2014. They're probably confused as to why they have no bombs at the BO though because they were getting used to those with Mars Needs Moms, John Carter, and The Lone Ranger.

they will have a bomb next year w/ strange magic

• Like 1

I can only think of 4 people that care: Tele, Numbers, Ethan, and James. I am sure there are others, but I don't venture into The Hobbit thread much.

That Elessar guy. peludo, Marston. There are others

Just think if Hobbit 3 winds up dropping too.

Predictions will start plummeting for Age Of Ultron.

Age of Ultron will see a huge decrease from it's predecessor.

Most analyst are now expecting the film to open with 130.8m, a huge 69.9m drop from it's predecessor.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 3

Shit, all AOU would have to do is miss 200 OW and this board would be in full panic mode. I can already see a 190m OW being dubbed about the worst opening since John Carter.

Honestly think it might happen too, wouldn't be surprised if it dipped to 180. It's hard to keep admissions that ridiculously high, especially with so many alternatives

• Like 4

Just do a movie a day. Savor them like fine wine. (Well, the LOTR movies, anyway, the HOBBITs are more like supermarket champagne.) :lol:

Is it okay if I drink some supermarket wine with them? I wont chug, but I need something to make the time feel faster.