Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

2 minutes ago, James said:

Sure. Warner and Disney earned that amount and Universal don't, but you know that it is not a fair comparison.

And Star Wars will do it before Fantastic Beasts.

Ofc it is not. Just like movies nowadays making 1b OS with China have an unfair advantage compared to movies in the past.

As for SW, I expect it to be bigger OS overall (OS +China), but a bit smaller than FB when it comes to OS-China.

SW 790m OS + 200 smth m from China

FB 810m OS + 100 smth m from China.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J100H folosind Tapatalk

I agree with that. JW, Furious 7 or AoU have been very benefited by Chinese figures. That for sure. Both China and E.Rates are big distortions to make fair OS comparisons.

IMHO, you are quite optimistic with the number outside China and pessimistic with the Chinese figure. With current exchange rates, DH2 would had done today about $750m (without inflation). I could see for FB maybe $600m outside China and $150m in China, what would already be an incredible success for a spin-off.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Sure. Warner and Disney earned that amount and Universal don't, but you know that it is not a fair comparison.

And Star Wars will do it before Fantastic Beasts.

Ofc it is not. Just like movies nowadays making 1b OS with China have an unfair advantage compared to movies in the past.

As for SW, I expect it to be bigger OS overall (OS +China), but a bit smaller than FB when it comes to OS-China.

SW 790m OS + 200 smth m from China

FB 810m OS + 100 smth m from China.

I agree with that. JW, Furious 7 or AoU have been very benefited by Chinese figures. That for sure. Both China and E.Rates are big distortions to make fair OS comparisons.

IMHO, you are quite optimistic with the number outside China and pessimistic with the Chinese figure. With current exchange rates, DH2 would had done today about $750m (without inflation). I could see for FB maybe $600m outside China and $150m in China, what would already be an incredible success for a spin-off.

600m outside China seems a bit weak considering the Latin America market grew a hell lot in the last few years. Also, a year from now I hope the ER will be a bit better than now. Plus the expansion in smaller markers. For example, here the number of theatres should increase with about 20% till the end of 2016. I think this happens in many markets.

All in all, we shall see. Two days until the first trailer. [emoji2]

17 minutes ago, James said:

600m outside China seems a bit weak considering the Latin America market grew a hell lot in the last few years. Also, a year from now I hope the ER will be a bit better than now. Plus the expansion in smaller markers. For example, here the number of theatres should increase with about 20% till the end of 2016. I think this happens in many markets.

All in all, we shall see. Two days until the first trailer. emoji2.png

I thought the same about Hobbit relative to LOTR and look what happened. I do not say FB can not surprise and make what you are saying, but I do not see the same appealing than Harry Potter. It should drop in attendance in many developed countries. Latin America and Asian markets can compensate that drop.

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That's the OS-numbers for JW according to: http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/

So it should be a bit higher. If BOM updates it anytime soon.

There are other much older movies on that UPI site that haven't been updated on mojo so I doubt it ever will.  It also casts doubt on the other studios' final OS figures.  Most might be slightly higher than what mojo has there.  

Which is a little disappointing.

4 hours ago, IMojammer said:

There are other much older movies on that UPI site that haven't been updated on mojo so I doubt it ever will.  It also casts doubt on the other studios' final OS figures.  Most might be slightly higher than what mojo has there.  

Which is a little disappointing.

They all are, there are updates call "residual gross" both international & domestic (DOM don't tend to update anymore) its a combination of money from continuing bookings, missing grosses differences between flash gross & actual

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MattW said:

Another million added.  Except sometime between May 16th and today UPI updated again 

http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/

I think everyone will be quite surprised with what it shows........

Domestic:  $652,270,625    37.6%
Foreign:  $1,083,200,999    62.4%

Worldwide:  $1,735,471,624  

LMAO, looks like they found a missing country's worth of ticket sales. But on a serious note, looks like a typo to me?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MattW said:

Another million added.  Except sometime between May 16th and today UPI updated again 

http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/

I think everyone will be quite surprised with what it shows........

Domestic:  $652,270,625    37.6%
Foreign:  $1,083,200,999    62.4%

Worldwide:  $1,735,471,624  

There are often wrong numbers on this page
You have to wait a few days the numbers will probably return to the past

• Like 1

Yeah, I was also thinking there's a non-zero chance it's a typo.  We'll see.

Edit, 2 hours later: Changed back to $1019m (I should have archived the page :/  ).  I wonder if someone who works at Universal watches this forum and was playing a prank.

Edit June 7th 2:15pm pacific, $1083.2m is back up

Edit June 11th 8:45am pacific, $598,752,879 lol

Edited by MattW