A Marvel Fanboy

Dreamworks Animation: What Went Wrong?

I'd love for Pixar to make this many films a year, but I won't hold it against them if they don't. I have my doubts that any more than a couple of these will match the standards of Pixar even if they all end up being solid films. None of their announced directors except Deblois have a very impressive resume. (Lion King was nearly 20 years ago and Minkoff has never reached that height since).

Edited by tribefan695

Do they even have the manpower to pull off such a huge slate? I'd never thought of Dreamworks as being that big.

They had more than 12,00 employees, bigger than Pixar and Blusky studios combined. And they can get help from many offshore companies. So no worries about that.

I fear it's going to overkill for audiences, four animated films in 2015 is pretty ambitious, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two films are pushed back, The Croods got pushed back from 2012 to 2013 and Guardians was originally slated for 2011 but got pushed to 2012.I think DWA needs to expand beyond animated movies, wonder if Katzenberg is looking into expanding into live action films either fully or hybrids.