grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

My problem is the overabundance of 80's music. For a movie set in the 2030's, they sure are skipping all the other decade. I know the 80s are the most techno sounding decade and 2003 Beyonce doesnt really jive with this, but it's just been a pet peeve since marketing started.

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Frop the Overpaid Tool that brought you :

Jurassic Park, The Lost World

Terminal

Hook

Also the Legend that brought you:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Jaws

ET: The Extra-Terrestrial

Jurassic Park

Schindler's List

Saving Private Ryan

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade

Catch Me If You Can

Minority Report

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Munich

Bridge Of Spies

The Post

The Color Purple

Amistad (which I haven't seen, but heard good things about)

and a couple of other solid efforts as well.

If a couple of meh movies make your career, then I'm sure you could find a Hitchcock movie that would define him as a meh director overall. Rear Window, North By Northwest, The Birds, Psycho, etc. all be damned.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

My problem is the overabundance of 80's music. For a movie set in the 2030's, they sure are skipping all the other decade. I know the 80s are the most techno sounding decade and 2003 Beyonce doesnt really jive with this, but it's just been a pet peeve since marketing started.

eh, there's a reason for that, but I won't say anything more :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I wonder if this has any potential to surprise us with over 60m Ow... I guess not but what if WOM is good?

WB just likes play on the big location regardless on result. It doesn't mean it has chance to get 60, or even 50 mln. I still stay on 35 mln position.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Frop the Overpaid Tool that brought you :

Jurassic Park, The Lost World

Terminal

Hook

I really enjoyed The Terminal, it's just a minor Spielberg movie. Not much you can do with a premise like that, but it's a typical "good feel" movie.

It doesn't deserve to be grouped with Hook or Lost World.

Edited by HockeyPads
  • Like 1

March 22, 2018
It's dazzling stuff. Recently, a generation of directors has been paying homage to Spielberg's popcorn films, but with Ready Player One he proves with stunning aplomb that no one does Spielberg quite like Spielberg.
Full Review | Original Score: 5/5

That's the kind of reaction that makes me truly excited.

So I guess the 64 million dollar question is:  Does this stay at/over 75 over at RT and get certified fresh*?

* Yes, I know once it is certified fresh, it can then drop to 70 and stay fresh

I wouldn't have thought so, but given how the score is stubbornly staying above that 75 percent line, I'm now starting to think it might pip over it.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So I guess the 64 million dollar question is:  Does this stay at/over 75 over at RT and get certified fresh*?

I wouldn't have thought so, but given how the score is stubbornly staying above that 75 percent line, I'm now starting to think it might pip over it.

yeah it's still at 79% and has been for a few days.  I guess it just has to stay there less than a week to answer the question

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think it just about manages it. A lot of real good reviews and the average rating keeps going up so that should counter-balance the small but loud group who obviously hate it.

Edited by Arlborn

2 hours ago, HockeyPads said:

I really enjoyed The Terminal, it's just a minor Spielberg movie. Not much you can do with a premise like that, but it's a typical "good feel" movie.

It doesn't deserve to be grouped with Hook or Lost World.

Hook is actually a very popular movie

• Like 1