grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Not sure what this is all about to be honest. How is this good marketing? I googled Carl Jr. and I guess it's a fast-food chain? This seems like a weird situation.

Yeah, it's a major fast food chain.

But what I'm noticing is that I get more likes and retweets than these are getting. Seems pretty weak.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Not sure what this is all about to be honest. How is this good marketing? I googled Carl Jr. and I guess it's a fast-food chain? This seems like a weird situation.

13 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Yeah, it's a major fast food chain.

But what I'm noticing is that I get more likes and retweets than these are getting. Seems pretty weak.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just thought it was a nice piece of positive viral marketing that costs WB nothing.  A fun little thing that raises RPO's awareness in a positive way.

Won't be the first time I was wrong in judging viral marketing; won't be the last. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just thought it was a nice piece of positive viral marketing that costs WB nothing.  A fun little thing that raises RPO's awareness in a positive way.

"Watch the movie that inspired a Twitter fight with a fast food chain!"

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Won't be the first time I was wrong in judging viral marketing; won't be the last. :)

Im guessing WB paid for the tie-in and are using this twitter thing as lame promo.

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think another BFG is very possible at this point.

Going from a 35m tracking to a sub 20m opening for this would be quite surprising, it is showing quite a bit in pre-sales and is getting an incredible 4,100 theater count vs 3,357 TC for BFG, with a lot of special, 3d, imax screening.

The smaller 4,000+ theater OW of live action movies are The mummy (31.7) and Blade Runner (32.75m) for 4,100 theater or more it is Independence day resurgence (41m)

I would expect Ready player One 3 days minimum opening to be somewhere Blade Runner and ID, it has so much awareness and volume going for it, a terrible PTA would still push it considerably above The BFG.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2