grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

13 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

He is 71 of course he is not on Twitter. :wintf:

12 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Doesn’t Stan Lee have a Twitter?

Stan is on Twitter via  aides. He isn't actually tweeting himself.

Not, William Shatner who is in his mid80s though does tweet. As do a number of 71+ yr old celebrities. I just don't care to make a list. So sure, George Lucas could tweet if he chose to do so. 

56 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I was gonna send a picture of John Carpenter but I need to wait until January 16 for that.

I wasn't thinking of John Carpenter. Surprised no one else mentioned this person esp. given they have the most famous, bigliest tweets in the world...

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Back up to 83% again but this time with a 7.3/10 avg rating. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to predict where it'll end up lol.

All big budget Spielberg flicks post Minority Report on RT:

War of the Worlds: 74%

Indy 4: 77%

Tintin: 74%

The BFG: 75%

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here for some reason and say mid 70% range seems likely. 

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I just realized this movie is only opening next week in here.

:whosad:

Well, some other movies you had been looking forward to this year have been pushed back by months so one would think you'd be relieved it's just a week in this case. :apocalypse:

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Disbelief 1

Movie was great. Of his very good ones (JP, IJ, BoS, MR, Lincoln) this might be his best. Not very unique but as a lightly philosiphical piece it is heart warming to see something that aint drenched in cynism or is too focused on being mat”whatever”rix 

• Like 3

I have to admit, I’m impressed by how many positive reviews the movie is getting. When the reviews first started coming out a couple of weeks ago, I assumed that the best case scenario for this movie would be in the 70% range, but it’s currently at an 84% with a 7.3 average rating. Granted, the movie isn’t even at 100 reviews yet, so it could very well plummet to the 70s within the next couple of days, but it’s impressive how well the movie is holding on. 

Here’s hoping the reviews for this movie can translate into some solid box office numbers. This March has been a pretty dead month for new releases. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

All big budget Spielberg flicks post Minority Report on RT:

War of the Worlds: 74%

Indy 4: 77%

Tintin: 74%

The BFG: 75%

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here for some reason and say mid 70% range seems likely. 

War of the Worlds is so underrated.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Well, some other movies you had been looking forward to this year have been pushed back by months so one would think you'd be relieved it's just a week in this case. :apocalypse:

Dark Phoenix :sadno:

Edited by Goffe

Steven Spielberg’s latest film is eyeing $38 million to $42 million over its four-day opening weekend.

Tracking on the film, with a reported budget between $150 million and $175 million, is down slightly from initial estimates of $45 million to $55 million over its four-day opening.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/steven-spielbergs-ready-player-one-opening-weekend-preview-1202737303/

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Durden said:

Steven Spielberg’s latest film is eyeing $38 million to $42 million over its four-day opening weekend.

Tracking on the film, with a reported budget between $150 million and $175 million, is down slightly from initial estimates of $45 million to $55 million over its four-day opening.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/steven-spielbergs-ready-player-one-opening-weekend-preview-1202737303/

Yikes. Going from 45-55 to 38-42 isn’t a good sign. High 30s is what I’ve been suspecting for the 4 day for weeks, looks like that might be right on. 

5 minutes ago, Durden said:

not good.   and i suspect the legs won't be that great either. this is strictly a fanboy movie

8 minutes ago, Durden said:

Well that's a bummer... but it might have great legs for all we know.

20 minutes ago, Durden said:

38-42 mln in four days?! ouch, that would be HUGE FLOP.

Black Panther literally burned out the surface and leaved nothing after itself.

Edited by KeepItU25071906