grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

4 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Feel free to call The Post or Bridge Of Spies "great". All that means is we'll have to use a different word to describe ET, Raiders, Jurassic Park, or Saving Private Ryan, because I'm sure as hell not putting them in the same category.

ET, Raiders, Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan are all time classics. Masterpieces you could say. The Post and Bridge of Spies are great.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Feel free to call The Post or Bridge Of Spies "great". All that means is we'll have to use a different word to describe ET, Raiders, Jurassic Park, or Saving Private Ryan, because I'm sure as hell not putting them in the same category.

bridge of spies is better than two of those movies.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

I feel the same way about Catch Me If You Can as I do about The Departed. They're very good movies by all time great directors, but they're in the second tier of their respective filmmakers' filmography. But even if we counted it, that's still 11 movies ago. As for the successes that you mention, I didn't mean box office.

Look, some of you are replying as if I'm slagging him off, or saying he's average now. He's still way above average. But those trailers were straight trash, and the book itself is shallow nonsense. However good this turns out to be, the apprehension leading up to it was fairly justified.

So because you dont class a widely praised movie as very good you think that warrants suggesting spielberg doesnt have the trust he used to have? That makes little sense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

So because you dont class a widely praised movie as very good you think that warrants suggesting spielberg doesnt have the trust he used to have? That makes little sense

It makes sense if you consider that he used to make films that were better than very good, fairly regularly too.

6 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

It makes sense if you consider that he used to make films that were better than very good, fairly regularly too.

Poor guys an old man running a whole studio, cut the dude some slack 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This is getting better reviews than I expected and sounds even worse (to me) than I feared, if that makes sense. 

I haven't read the book (left after reading 2 pages) but this is what I exactly wanted and hoped for most of the part after I saw its trailer for the first time. 

Just feared about it coz of it getting labelled as yet another 3d wankfest that could just be regarded as more or less Valerian tier business in eyes of audience (and the BFG comparison didn't made enough sense to me boxoffice wise) and the pre-hate here and in reddit didn't help it either so it's great to see critics aligning with this.

This will help in turning tides around internet and hopefully tracking picks up after critical acclaim.