Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

imagejpeg

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/12/25/jed-kurzel-to-score-ridley-scotts-alien-covenant/

Looks like Jed Kurzel is scoring Alien. He's a masterful composer. I'm assuming Fassbender brought him on. Magnificent and underrated work from Assassin's Creed, Macbeth, Snowtown, Slow West, and The Babadook. 

Edited by RedX

36 minutes ago, Alli said:

Looks good. Prometheus had some nice ideas that unfortunately remained unexplored. This is Action-horror...i like that too.

Still, let's not forget this is written by the TRANSCENDENCE screenwriter. I remain skeptical

He only did the original drafts...John Logan did the script.

Looks great but yeah, bit meh trailer - not to mention that it was a cover after all...

Anyway, I'm sure the Prometheusy stuff will figure in trailer 2, it makes sense from a marketing perspective to focus on the horror stuff first.

Edited by antovolk

1 hour ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Prometheus: Let's Try This Again is the big takeaway I got from that trailer.

Lindelof did seem to take most of the blame for the last one, but he did tell us he was just trying to execute the ideas Scott told him he wanted in the script.

Its the person that hired Lindelof that should take the blame, it not like he isnt known for being rubbish, and ruining franchises.

42 minutes ago, RedX said:

imagejpeg

Looks like Jed Kurzel is scoring Alien. He's a masterful composer. I'm assuming Fassbender brought him on. Magnificent and underrated work from Assassin's Creed, Macbeth, Snowtown, Slow West, and The Babadook. 

Looks like the Kurzel bros will keep getting work even after the disaster that came out this week. Well they seem to be still in the good books of Fassbender. 

26 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Looks like the Kurzel bros will keep getting work even after the disaster that came out this week. Well they seem to be still in the good books of Fassbender. 

They're real auteurs and will accommodate the desires of others into their visions if need be. There's a reason actors like Fassbender gravitate towards them. One divisive venture among an esteemed portfolio

Edited by RedX

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

We get another Alien movie directed by 79 year old Ridley Scott.  That is a fucking gift.  Enjoy it.  

Indeed. I dunno what people are expecting? Alien/s were very straightforward as well. And are they the same people that were against Terminator Salvation for breaking free of the formula? I'm sure it'll also expand on the mythos, giving us some answers, as alluded to at the end of Prometheus.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RedX said:

They're real auteurs and will accommodate the desires of others into their visions. There's a reason actors like Fassbender gravitate towards them. One divisive venture among an esteemed portfolio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Yeah....an auteur is one who consistently makes something good and doesn't let others interfere with his work. 

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Indeed. I dunno what people are expecting? Alien/s were very straightforward as well. And are they the same people that were against Terminator Salvation for breaking free of the formula? I'm sure it'll also expand on the mythos, giving us some answers, as alluded to at the end of Prometheus.

Frankly, people overrate this franchise. There is NOTHING deep or philosophical about this franchise and nor do they have great stories as some would like to believe. First one is a well done B horror sci-fi film that had a unique creature design. The 2nd one is an awesome action packed intense film with some cool imagery. Alien 3 is garbage. Alien Resurrection is a fun movie.

• Like 2

For crying out loud, movies don't need to be "deep" of "philosophical" to be considered classics. Alien and Aliens are in no way overrated. Amazingly crafted movies. And NOT devoid of some undertones and metaphors, either.

Alien 3 might be flawed but it's clear there's a good director at work here. And Resurrection? Yeah, that is pretty fun, too.

I fucking LOVE the franchise! If one cannot tell... ;)

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 7