Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

So for you an auteur is one who is a YES MAN and is willing to let his movie be shit and not make any money...great. I guess that's the new age definition of auteur.

That is logically fallacious, not appropriately addressing what I'm arguing 

Somewhat mixed emotions. On the one hand, I like that it looks more horror-oriented, but on the other, the story seems kind of paint-by-numbers.

Also, I hope they place some emphasis on one of the things that made Alien great and Prometheus completely lacked, which is atmosphere and slowburn tension. Prometheus rushed along at the pace of a Fast & Furious movie compared to Alien (and Aliens for that matter).

Edited by The Stingray

I'm just glad Shasta Fay is getting all this high-profile work. And oh hey there's Amy Seimetz doing her first huge movie too. 

I wish they'd tweaked the formula enough to make this stand out more (let out a sigh when another supposed professional got facehugger'd like that) and that shower sex scene in particular is like something out of a corny DTV horror movie but overall it could be a no-nonsense fun ride I guess. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Frankly, people overrate this franchise. There is NOTHING deep or philosophical about this franchise and nor do they have great stories as some would like to believe. First one is a well done B horror sci-fi film that had a unique creature design. The 2nd one is an awesome action packed intense film with some cool imagery. Alien 3 is garbage. Alien Resurrection is a fun movie.

If there are people that do claim that, I agree that they're over their heads. That being said, are you honestly implying that there should be anything deep or philosophical here? The franchise is called "ALIEN". It's all in the title. It's aliens killing people, and that's all it should really be.

For the matter btw, I hate Resurrection more than Alien 3. They were both bad, but at least Alien 3 gave David Fincher to the world. And Prometheus is absurd as well, so I pray to the Xenomorph Queen that Scott nails it, this time. It looks more like Aliens than Alien from the trailer, which is good, because even though I like the original more, I don't wanna see Scott just remaking the 1st one, I would rather him trying the more action horror vibe that Cameron applied to the sequel.

• Like 1

while yes, it does look generic and another paint by numbers (both in parts), but who cares?  It still looks like it could be back to some Alien fun :)  ok if it sucks, it sucks, but I'm hoping for the best with Scott still involved :)