I already hear it was R I'm sure from an interview with the film makers. But I'm not 100%.

Watched CREEP last night and it scared me. First time I've been scared by a film this year. Bravo to Mark Duplass and Blumhouse. But boo for not having the balls for a proper release!

Been hearing great things about that one.

The Witch, Krampus, 6 Miranda Drive and Crimson Peak are the ones I'm looking forward to btw.

So now that I've had a few weeks to digest it, I've decided that It Follows is easily one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

A great and relatively unique premise. Superb style and design throughout the movie, mostly realistic but just a tad bit mysterious. A brilliant sense of paranoia and dread throughout.

• Like 1

I already hear it was R I'm sure from an interview with the film makers. But I'm not 100%.

Watched CREEP last night and it scared me. First time I've been scared by a film this year. Bravo to Mark Duplass and Blumhouse. But boo for not having the balls for a proper release!

Shit, I forgot all about Creep. I enjoyed it to, but it always seemed like a really hard sell for the public. Unless they changed something from when I saw it in 2014, it's a slow build up without a ton of trailer money shots.

That ending was great though.

I saw the trailer for Crimson Peak at Terminator it looks pretty good. My early prediction for The Gallows is that it's going to debut in the low teens possibly about 12-13 million OW and 37 million domestic.

That would be another solid run for Blumhouse.

I'm hoping it can break out but I'm hearing the marketing in the states isn't very good.

That would be another solid run for Blumhouse.

I'm hoping it can break out but I'm hearing the marketing in the states isn't very good.

theres a few TV spots then and there but it's kinda confusing a later bit. It acts like a supernatural film but feels like something else.

Gallows opened last night with a preview gross of $900,000.

It's currently 15% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Here's how it's midnight gross compares:

Lazarus Effect $350,000
As Above So Below $470,000
Oculus $480,000
You're Next $480,000
Chernobyl Diaries $550,000
Unfriended $660,000
Carrie $730,000
The Last Exorcism $750,000
The Gallows $900,000
Ouija $910,000
Scream 4 $1,000,000
Sinister $1,000,000
Texas Chainsaw $1,150,000
PA: Marked Ones $1,200,000
Poltergeist $1,400,000
Insidious 2 $1,500,000
Woman in Black 2 $1,500,000
Insidious 3 $1,550,000
Cloverfield $1,700,000
Saw 7 $1,700,000
Evil Dead $1,800,000
The Devil Inside $2,000,000
Annabelle $2,100,000
Nightmare On Elm St $2,300,000
Purge: Anarchy $2,600,000
Conjuring $3,300,000
Purge $3,400,000
Paranormal Activity 4 $4,500,000
Paranormal Activity 2 $6,300,000
Paranormal Activity 3 $8,000,000

Keith really is awful. The totals are not middling when compared to their investments. Won't Insidious and It Follows end with very similar budget to gross ratios? So why is only one middling?

Down at the other end of the box-office scale The Gallows didn't quite make it to $10M as Warner Bros. is reporting it made $9.8 in 2,720 venues. It's been a fairly quiet year for horror, with Poltergeist opening at $22.6M ($47.1M domestic total) and Insidious Chapter 3 $22.7M ($51.6M domestic total) doing middling business. It Follows, which made $14.7M on a micro-budget, is one of the few films from the genre with anything to brag about.

I had been wanting to see Final Girl with Abigail Breslin and Wes Bentley, for quite a while. It wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be but it was still somewhat interesting. They really needed to flesh out the script a little bit more. Way too much vaguery and unexplained things were in the movie. But it looked really good and ultimately ended up being a fairly decent but not great movie