Scream 4 was a decent movie, but it's rather obvious what it's problem was.

Just think back to why we all liked Scream so much in the first place when it came out. Remember? People were declaring some types of horror movies dead. And then Scream came around and it felt so fresh and different. Unabashedly made for horror fans, with full knowledge of all the horror movies and cliches we'd already seen. Now look at the very title of Scream 4, and you should easily be able to spot the problem with it's very existence.

Wasn't a problem for Scream 2 and 3.

scream 4 in my opinion it was the best of the sequels easily. & I like scream 2 but 4 was just so much better. It really was baffling to see it under perform the way they did

• Like 1

I think Scream 4 biggest issues were it tried too hard and also went completely to the comedic side.  Obviously, the movies are all self aware and somewhat funny, but part 4 just went off the rails with those concepts.  Just the opening sequence proved that.  Overall, it is still pretty good though and better than part 3.  Of course I love the reveal and all.

however, I would like to see them try again and I don't mean with the tv series that didn't look too good from the trailer.

As for the Halloween movie concept, I will give it a try.  I am always a sucker for that series so if it sucks, I am prepared :P

Edited by 75live

I would love to see a proper Halloween remake. Like get John Carpenter to reimagine his original film lol if you could somehow get the atmosphere and the feelof that movie all over again I would gladly plop down 10 bucks the theater to watch it.

• Like 1

I would love to see a proper Halloween remake. Like get John Carpenter to reimagine his original film lol if you could somehow get the atmosphere and the feelof that movie all over again I would gladly plop down 10 bucks the theater to watch it.

so basically you are saying you want Busta Rhymes to come back as the final girl?  ;)

:P

Some of the dialog and score were also awful in Scream 4. And humor during death scenes never work. Why are people getting one liners before they expire?

"Fuck Bruce Willis" and "But I'm gay, if it helps" are horrendous.

I was following Kevin Williamson on Twitter during the production of the script and he was talking about how he wanted to make Scream 4 scary before anything else. But they brought back the Scream 3 screenwriter to make changes to the script and Kevin Williamson got fed up to the point he no longer acknowledged Scream 4...ever.

Edited by AplandRey

Channing Tatum just made fun of Scream films on Howard Stern. What a prick.

Said "I fucking hate G.I Joe, I didn't want to do it, Paramount had me in a 3 picture deal. It could have been worse, it could have been Scream 5 or something."

Grrrrr.

Scream 4 has a higher RT score than 17 of Channing Tatums movies. 17.

• Like 2

Only one scene in Scream 4 was intense and that's the killer in the closet scene...brutal, unapologetic and intense. Everything else was just not the same and  Emma Roberts didn't have the chops to fully pull off the killer reveal.

I do hope horror makes a revival. We need a $200m+ grosser. Just like how Scream broke the $100 million barrier.

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 1

It's almost impossible to a horror movie surpass $100m these days, let alone $200m. :/

That's what they said in 1996.  It's cyclical.  Horror is back to where it was in the mid 90's.  The found footage craze, like slashers in the 90's had run it's course.  We need some new blood.  Not sure how we get it, but there needs to be some re-invigoration.