grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly they don't look that similar. never felt that. think people are nuts with this thing.

FUCKING FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME. HOLY SHIT.

It took a while but finally someone understands how I feel when people make that joke. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

FUCKING FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME. HOLY SHIT.

It took a while but finally someone understands how I feel when people make that joke. 

It's because that music video is catchy as hell, even though I don't think they look that similar. "We were both in The Help, yes, but who did I play? You don't know, it's a blur, thanks to Jessica Chastain." I think the question is really who did Jessica play because we all remember that you were the one who ate shit pie, Bryce. :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

So what are expecting for tonight's showings? $1M?

Yeah, probably. Though let me tell you that I would consider anything from 1.5M a big time surprise. But I really don't see that coming, sadly.

Assuming it even had Thursday previews (couldn't find them on the web), what numbers did the original pull in those?

It's really good. Actors are pretty great, script is very solid, and there are a ton of twists and turns. I definitely agree with the Twilight Zone comparisons. A far better movie than the original IMO, even though I like Cloverfield as well. My Mom and I were 2 of 6 people in a 500 seat IMAX theater. Seemed to be more than that lined up for the later showing when we were leaving.

• Like 2

Really don't know what WOM will be on this. It's extremely well made and very accessible, I just don't know if people are expecting a direct sequel to Cloverfield.

Spoiler

The final 15 minutes will create some buzz, but the 30 or so minutes before that is the best part of the movie. The ending, IMO, is quite predictable, though still done about as well as one could expect tying a chamber-piece into the Cloverfield universe.

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

It's really good. Actors are pretty great, script is very solid, and there are a ton of twists and turns. I definitely agree with the Twilight Zone comparisons. A far better movie than the original IMO, even though I like Cloverfield as well. My Mom and I were 2 of 6 people in a 500 seat IMAX theater. Seemed to be more than that lined up for the later showing when we were leaving.

Judging from the performances in the trailers alone, you can tell 10CL is better acted movie than the shakey cam nightmare of Cloverfield which is more of a triumph of concept & marketing hype than anything else.