grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

Wow. The reviews are better than even I hoped for. RT average at 8/10 atm. Hopefully, the film can perform above folks' expectations. I still maintain 30M, but maybe it can do more. Maybe it's numbers can be inflated w/the one-week IMAX showings (hopefully, not all IMAX theaters drop it in favor of Allegiant, tho).

Crazy how almost every great film of the year so far has been directed by first timers - Tim Miller (Deadpool), Robert Eggers (The Witch), and now, Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane).

So I'm guessing the plan is to hope that the movie is so good that the dullards of America don't get all mopey that Clover isn't in this?

Seems to be going good for them so far, although critics are far more forgiving about this kind of stuff.

Edit: worked for me too, as I just found myself purchasing a ticket for a screening tomorrow night. Surprisingly not sold out. Like, not even close to sold out. Hmm.

Edited by goldenstate5

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Personally, I think anything over 20m is good

Agreed. A two hour movie about a woman trapped in a bunker that may or may not be linked to a sci-fi movie (one that everyone mostly remembers for it making people sick, if at all 8 years later) is not exactly something that screams "mass appeal."

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Agreed. A two hour movie about a woman trapped in a bunker that may or may not be linked to a sci-fi movie (one that everyone mostly remembers for it making people sick, if at all 8 years later) is not exactly something that screams "mass appeal."

But it's a crowd pleaser. 

12 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wow. The reviews are better than even I hoped for. RT average at 8/10 atm. Hopefully, the film can perform above folks' expectations. I still maintain 30M, but maybe it can do more. Maybe it's numbers can be inflated w/the one-week IMAX showings (hopefully, not all IMAX theaters drop it in favor of Allegiant, tho).

Crazy how almost every great film of the year so far has been directed by first timers - Tim Miller (Deadpool), Robert Eggers (The Witch), and now, Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane).

>Great film

>deadpool

Saw a screening of this tonight and I really enjoyed it. 

Spoiler

I didn't really care for Cloverfield and the whole "first person" camera footage stuff, so I'm glad this was nothing like that.

Good acting and a lot of suspense/mystery.  Fun movie!

8/10

23 hours ago, Goffe said:

It's nice when a movie you're looking forward actually pays off for once.

Its nicer when a movie you're looking forward to that everyone slates prior to release actually pays off, like deadpool