grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

Cool, we'll be getting BVS + Cloverfield reviews at around the same time, then. Probably the most exciting March has EVER been for movies atm (and by ever, I mean at least in the last few years because I don't know for sure if there ever was a more exciting time than this for March).

The buzz around Twitter and the likes points out for a pretty positive WOM. Just praying that the movie is as good as the trailers look (or better).

• Like 1

Only 11k Want to see klicks at Rotten Tomatoes and not yet in the Top 5 at Movietickets.
This movie should be through the roof online, but it is non-existent. 

I have a hard time, seeing this break out, if you think about the hell that broke lose, when Cloverfield opened. 

25 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Only 11k Want to see klicks at Rotten Tomatoes and not yet in the Top 5 at Movietickets.
This movie should be through the roof online, but it is non-existent. 

I have a hard time, seeing this break out, if you think about the hell that broke lose, when Cloverfield opened. 

I wouldn't worry yet, London Has Fallen didn't show up until Wednesday afternoon and had previews barely ahead of GOE yet still managed 21M

• Like 1

At this point, I think the closest it can get to a "breakout" is a 40M debut (right on par w/the original Cloverfield), 45M at the bare maximum. I feel like the only way that could happen is if the reviews are off the charts good AND there are monsters and legit Cloverfield connections in the film. I got a feeling that, w/the very positive WOM going on, we might be seeing both, but who knows.

Btw, shouldn't we be getting a Cloverfield based background theme this week, considering that's the big new release?

Timeline spoilers

Earlier in the AMA Dan Trachtberg said it doesn't share the same timeline as Cloverfield but it's set in the same universe. He's saying that you'll see why it has Cloverfield in the title.

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I wouldn't worry yet, London Has Fallen didn't show up until Wednesday afternoon and had previews barely ahead of GOE yet still managed 21M

Yeah, but London has Fallen is a movie for an older walk-up Audience, Cloverfield was a online phenomenon and this movie is marketed as the Sequel.
It should go gangbusters, but there is barely anything.