grim22

BOF's top 25 movies of 2014. Full list Page 5. The forum worships at the altar of Nolan.

Oops, I'm a bit late now, I guess I've missed all the reveals. I was watching Bernie. :)

Guardians of the Galaxy is deserving of a top 10 spot. It's in my top 5 of the year.

Gone Girl is overrated. I didn't think it was anything special, just a bit weird and fucked up. Sure, that's what we should expect from Fincher, but I don't feel there was much else to it, unlike his other films.

LEGO is fabulous.

X-Men is.... not very good imo.

Whiplash is amazing!

I don't care what anyone says about Interstellar, it's great. And I ain't even a Nolanite.

I'm glad to see Pride almost made the list, considering how few people saw it.

I imagine Big Hero 6 missed out because it released really late in most countries, so some users won't have seen it yet.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

If Nolan actually manages to make a good film some time in the future, we may need to invent a new number above 1 to place it at.

What do you mean? He has done nothing but good movies recently. In fact, imo he's never made a bad film.

Congratulations to all of us for this epic troll fest. Collectively, we have the intellect and love for spectacle of first-year film students. :rofl:

Third year who failed twice, more like.

I'm okay with it.

• Like 1

Congratulations to all of us for this epic troll fest. Collectively, we have the intellect and love for spectacle of first-year film students. :rofl:

Well, if people don't watch the best films (evidenced by their low box office) then they can't place them highly. :)

Or maybe...

maybe Tele is just angry that Locke wasn't #1

:P

I didn't vote for this list and only now did I check it, but when I saw Boyhood was second place I started laughing like a maniac.

Honestly, I thought Interstellar was pretty damn good. Still, this list will make people hate it, just like Nolan's attachment did for quite a few people around here.

Ugh, Transcendence didn't even make the top? I think I had it on no 4. My Top 10 :P :

1. The Hobbit 3

2. Interstellar

3. Gone Girl

4. Transcendence

5. Transformers 4

6. The Maze Runner

7. Lucy

8. This Is Where I Leave You

9. Dracula Untold

10. I, Frankenstein

The deadline should have been Saturday, the day before the Oscars, and the revelation during the following day before the start of the Awards Ceremony. 

See CJohn, if James can send in that list, I don't know why you couldn't send anything  :P

• Like 3

Nolan's movies are so deep. So deep that they explain all of their themes to you in (often clunky) dialogue

You just don't get it

• Like 7

Ugh. This forum has such a Nolan hard on. Weakest Nolan movie since he rebooted Batman.

I'd argue your viewpoint, but looking at your username, that would be fruitless.

Hmm... Let's see... *checks Speakeasy link*

Lots of "movies that tricked people" lists... think I'll give it a try...

Edited by Squaremaster316