LexJoker

Wednesday #s 12/17 - Hobbit3 $24-25M(Rth)

The Hobbit is pretty much doing what it could have at this point. AUJ peaked through curiosity of returning to Middle Earth, but it and DOS weren't strong enough on their own to keep growing. On the other hand, god damn, we need something to break out NOW. I'm starting to think that Into The Woods might be our savior. If not, I wonder if we could get another strong January with Selma, American Sniper, The Wedding Ringer, and maybe even Paddington.

I think it's more about momentum, everyone thought 2014 was going to fall short compared too previous years, so it did, and now a sort of domino effect has caused movies to be underwhelming this year. but 2015 on the other hand, most people have been talking about 3 movies for months now: Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 and Batman V Superman. lets just hope 2015 lives up to the hype. 

• Like 1

Why not? the bigger the opening is, the smaller the multiplier will be. We have seen it many times before (i.e, Mockingjay will have a better multiplier than Catching Fire)

It will be easier for BOTFA to reach that multiplier, given that its OD was 10M lower.

Because it is 11 years later and frontloading is much worse today. And because ROTK had Oscar buzz, which helped fuel its legs.

• Like 1

I think it's more about momentum, everyone thought 2014 was going to fall short compared too previous years, so it did, and now a sort of domino effect has caused movies to be underwhelming this year. but 2015 on the other hand, most people have been talking about 3 movies for months now: Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 and Batman V Superman. lets just hope 2015 lives up to the hype. 

Batman v Superman is coming out in 2016, but I agree with your point.

• Like 1

With some nice rounded day-to-day shifts.

11.2 M Previews

12.8 M Wednesday (lol)

9.6 M Thursday (-25.0%)

12.2 M Friday (+27.5%)

15.0 M Saturday (+22.5%)

11.3 M Sunday (-25.0%)

72.1M 5-Day

60.9M without previews

Ehh, Friday jump will probably be stronger, it'll still get into the expected range. 

Batman v Superman is coming out in 2016, but I agree with your point.

yeah, I know it does. 2016 looks to be a huge year as well.

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 1

With some nice rounded day-to-day shifts.

11.2 M Previews

12.8 M Wednesday (lol)

9.6 M Thursday (-25.0%)

12.2 M Friday (+27.5%)

15.0 M Saturday (+22.5%)

11.3 M Sunday (-25.0%)

72.1M 5-Day

60.9M without previews

Ehh, Friday jump will probably be stronger, it'll still get into the expected range. 

That would be absolutely horrible. I doubt it will be that low. Also sunday drop will be in teens rather than 25%. I am thinking 85M 5-day at this point.