Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

The Hobbit will for certain Increase today as its Boxing Day in Canada which has historically can also be renamed "Lotr day" in Canada as LOTR film did gangbusters that day.

Also I think Unbroken has become the next Blind Side.

The film is going absolute nuts in middle America. 

• Like 1

However at my local theater two Indian movies are dominating.

One is just released PK and has sold on two screens all day yesterday and another Chaar Sahibzaade still sold out yesterday even in its 8th week of release. 

I expect both films to still dominate till New Years. 

• Like 1

The Hobbit will for certain Increase today as its Boxing Day in Canada which has historically can also be renamed "Lotr day" in Canada as LOTR film did gangbusters that day.

Puny Canada represents like 10% of NA box office.

It probably won't decrease but the increase should be tiny.

Puny Canada represents like 10% of NA box office.

It probably won't decrease but the increase should be tiny.

Well Hobbit 3 is no ROTK here in Canada (which made 16% of its gross in Canada mind you!) 

However the increase should be well over 10%

Edited by Lordmandeep

A movie with no stars, no awards traction and poor reviews.

Yep, never underestimate the people who believe Earth was created in 7 days 3000 years ago.

Mel Gibson is good friends with these folks.

Or don't ever underestimate the power of good karma. ;)

• Like 2

A movie with no stars, no awards traction and poor reviews.

Yep, never underestimate the people who believe Earth was created in 7 days 3000 years ago.

Mel Gibson is good friends with these folks.

Or probably they just wanted to pay tribute to a man that represents a generation  who fought stoically for freedom and democracy. Probably if were not those men you wouldnt be here saying nonsenses.

• Like 3

Unbroken's opening is pretty excellent, all things considered. I wonder if the fallout from this whole Sony hacking/The Interview getting pulled debacle has led to a general sense of "America fuck yeah!" that will take this and American Sniper to grosses higher than originally anticipated.

• Like 2

It is kind of a shame that Unbroken isn't getting Awards attention. Selling it OS will be very hard without it. 

I'll watch its OS performance with interest. The marketing does seem to have an (unintentional?) air of 'God bless the indominatable American spirit' which doesn't help, not to mention the shit reviews, but after that Christmas day performance who knows?

I sense a Blind Side vibe.

People who are really into Oscar films and such hate on it.

People who generally watch films loved it.

I thought Blind Side did well because people in Middle America who don't watch that many movies came out to see it?