Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

I am incredibly happy for Angelina. After the awards disappointments and the bad reviews, I truly dismissed the film as yet another Oscar hopeful wannabe who'd get lost in the season, but this gives the film a second win, with audiences if not with critics. If the film is a hit, her directorial career will not die after all. I hope that she gets more chances to polish her craft and to get better and better. At least you can't say she ain't ambitious in her choices; she could've chosen a heartwarming drama or a thriller for her directorial efforts, but she purposely went for films that meant something to her instead of the bottom line.

• Like 6

Awesome Christmas day numbers. I'm curious to see Unbroken more now.

Great 112% jump for The Hobbit, much higher jump than any previous Middle Earth film from Christmas Eve and is not actually that far off what Return of the King earned on the same Thursday Christmas day.

Big Eyes $1.5m rating is a bit disappointing, even with it screening at 1,307 theaters.

Look forward to seeing the actuals for all these. Imitation Game doing good too on not many screens. Very good film, watched it on it's UK run.

It's a gossip girl reference. Dan Humphrey lives in Dumbo, Brooklyn, NYC and be fucks up his big story at the end. It's something some of my friends reference to a bit.

You're even more Mean Girl pre-teen than I had thought

• Like 1

I'm glad BotFA is gonna beat DoS. I just wish it would dethrone TF4 worldwide.

The odds of beating TF4 has almost no chance. It would require over 800OS to surpass it, which is unlikely to happen a million times.

It is locked to beat DoS domestically, though.

I'm glad BotFA is gonna beat DoS. I just wish it would dethrone TF4 worldwide.

800M os is not impossible, though it's far from likely. There's still a chance  ^_^

The odds of beating TF4 has almost no chance. It would require over 800OS to surpass it, which is unlikely to happen a million times.

It is locked to beat DoS domestically, though.

Finale effect is usually pretty strong OS.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1